Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Once inside Agnes' room, I flopped myself down on her big fluffy bed, belly down and just buried my face in her covers. Antony sat down on the desk chair and Agnes sat next to me on her bed.

"What happened?" She asked me, and I turned my head so that she could hear me clearly.

"Well, first off...this morning was just a bunch of jabbering. They all were asking me and drilling me as to where I was for the past four days. I gave them the story we came up with at your house, and after I kept repeating myself, they finally bought it." I said all in one breath. "Then I asked them why none of them had tried calling me or texting me, and they couldn't give me an answer. So right there I knew they were fake friends."

"I'm sorry, Cynthia!" Agnes said.

"Then, to top it all off," I continued, "Cloe was the one who started all of this! She used the four days as an opportunity to back stab me, and turn all the girls against me! She was my best friend! Or so I thought!"

"Why didn't you use our mind link to get a hold of me? Or call me on my cell?" Agnes asked after my tirade.

"Huh? Oh...uh...I kinda forgot about that mind link thing, and I don't have my cell phone on me. I left that in my room. I figured, why bring it with me, if no one is going to text me during class. They sure didn't text me over our four day vacation!" I said, feeling exhausted from an emotional roller coaster day, and it still wasn't over, but I didn't feel like going to the rest of my classes.

"Oh! Well, that's ok. Are you hungry? We went to subway, but I'm not that hungry. You can have my sandwich if you want." Agnes said, as she held out her sandwich to me. It smelled delicious, and I realized that I had slept through lunch, and I was really hungry. I couldn't lie because my stomach growled loudly before I could even answer her. We all laughed and she handed me the sandwich. I took it gratefully.

"Well, I really can't miss anymore school, so I better get going. You are free to stay here, if you want to." Agnes told me as she stood up to leave. I nodded.

"I'll just stay here and finish this, then head to my class. I really shouldn't miss any classes today, being that it's mid-terms this week. Luckily gym we weren't going to do any testing, so I just skipped on that class after the blow up." I said, after I swallowed a mouthful of sandwich.

"Ok then, just lock the door on your way out. After school meet us here, so we can talk some more ok?" Agnes said, and then she and Antony waved goodbye. I took a few more bites of the sandwich and wrapped the rest of it. I could only manage finish the six inch part of the foot long that Agnes had bought. I put the remaining sandwich in her mini fridge, next to her desk, and went into her bathroom to see how bad my make-up ran.

To no surprise, my mascara had ran down my cheeks, and I looked hideous. How Agnes and Antony were able to hold their laughter in, was beyond me. I washed my face clear of all make-up, then left Agnes' room and headed to my room to re-apply fresh make-up before heading to my next class. I am definitely going to have to make-up the test I missed in my history class. Hopefully my teacher will allow it.

Right before I was about to leave my room, a note was slipped under my door. I opened it up and it read...

"You may think you're hot stuff, but we all took a vote and we vote that you are no longer Cheer Captain."

I can tell by the hand writing, that it was Cloe that wrote it. Well, they may have voted against me, but little do they know that I will not go down without a fight. Besides, they just can't vote me off the team. That decision is left up to our coach. They have some nerve as to writing this stupid note! I crumpled up the note and tossed it into the trash bin next to my desk and left my room. I turned the corner to take the stairs down to my next class, and low and behold, the whole cheerleading team was there in a huddle. Cloe was the first to turn around and smirk at me.