Chapter 6

‘’You better just sit there quietly madam or else they die!’’ I woke up from my black out and saw Elise, Jo, Marisol, Electra, and Ellie tied up on the floor. ‘’What have you done?’’ I screamed towards Miss Stanley. After all my nightmares, I thought I could trust her. Look what thought did for me. ‘’We are doing what is right for this world. We are taking away your powers from you.’’ The headmaster answered.

His face wore a disgusting grin. I hated the sight of him. Another man we all thought we could trust. ‘’Why would you want to do something like that? Can’t you see that you’re hurting them?’’ I yelled. If it was a fight he wanted, he was going to get one.

‘’Darling,’’ Miss Stanley came over to me, ‘’don’t you want to live an ordinary life just like these will?’’ She pointed towards the boys and girls who were injured. ‘’No, I do not!!’’ Then, something strange happened. My chains broke free and I was standing up, holding my arms high above my head. Miss was thrown against the wall and she was lying there hopelessly. ‘’I thought you said she hadn’t developed her powers yet?!’’ The headmaster screamed. ‘’Get her!’’

The old man charged towards me, but he was no match to what I was capable of. Something ignited in my veins and I wasn’t about to give it up anytime soon. This was a matter of life or death and worst of all, my friends were at risk.

The man was still running towards me. Without knowing what I was actually doing, he too flew against the now battered wall with just a swift movement of my right hand. He yelled out in pain as I ran towards my friends.

When Elise was untied, straight away she used her powers to levitate the wounded boys and girls to safety, removing the planks and tape as she went. Now the headmaster was shooting fire at us from all angles. He turned to stare straight at Marisol and shot flames. I jumped in front of her and crashed against the floor.

All of a sudden, the flames stopped, Miss and the old man vanished, and there was a young lady stood near the doorway who looked exhausted. I arose and helped Jo get up as she had been wrestling with the old guy. The woman in the doorway spoke. ‘’ That was some fight you put up there Sapphire.’’ I was shocked for the millionth time today. ‘’How do you know my name?’’ I asked.

The woman sighed. ‘’My name’s Kate by the way. I’m the leader of the ‘Save the People’ foundation. My mission was to protect you as you were in danger. We’ve met before you know. Remember, at the dance competition at your old school? I was the host.’’ ‘’That was you?’’ I asked. ‘’Yep, it was all me. I think we need to talk after you get cleaned up and have some breakfast.’’ ‘’And a sleep.’’ Electra responded.

We all yawned and headed upstairs. Bed, sweet bed as they say.