Chapter 3

I strode down the corridor, picking up some strange looks along the way back to my room. I pushed open the door to our crib and I saw the girls sitting in their usual spots; Marisol on the dark purple sofa, Amelie slouching on her favourite cream chair, Electra was on the floor doing some confusing yoga moves, Jo was listening to music on her bed, and Elise was sitting on her puff chair reading a magazine.

They looked up and saw me. Straight away, they all jumped up and ran over to me. ‘’Sapphire! Sapphire! Are you okay? We’ve been so worried!’’ ‘’Hey guys, chillax! I’m doing great!’’ They all stopped hugging me then and looked confused. ‘’You’re great? Great? You’ve been out for the past x-amount of hours!’’ Elise screamed. In case you hadn’t figured this out, Elise is a massive maths freak. If you ever need some help, just ask her. ‘’Guys, don’t freak okay? I’m good. I seriously am!’’ I respond. ‘’You’re hiding something from us aren’t you Sapphire? Come on, no secrets in this part of town hun.’’ Amelie said. ‘’I’ll tell you, but you’ve got to promise not to tell anybody, okay?’’

They all nodded their heads enthusiastically. ‘’You know that person that everybody who cares is looking for?’’ I asked. ‘’Oh, you mean the Dea Mia. Yeah, I learnt about it in history last week.’’ Jo responded. How she remembers all this stuff, I don’t know. ‘’Well, I’m her apparently. That’s what Miss Stanley says anyway. I wasn’t allowed to tell you guys, but I couldn’t resist it.’’

‘’How come you aren’t allowed to tell anyone?’’ Electra questioned. ‘’Don’t you guys realise that our girl here is practically royalty to people who are looking for her?’’, Jo replied with much excitement, ’’If this secret was ever found out to the wrong people, Sapph could be in real danger...’’ ‘’Why’s that JoJo?’’ Marisol softly whispered. ‘’Because she’s too powerful. Sapphire can defeat any source of evil in this world with just the flick of an eyelash.’’

Elise, who had been silent through most of this, turned around to me and said. ‘’Well, if that’s the case then you can count on me to help and protect you whenever you need it.’’ Her words really touched me and when the other agreed with her, I started to cry.

They were only happy tears of course. ‘’Thanks girls. You’re the best!’’ We all laughed when Jo said, ‘’We already know we rule the house!’’