Chapter 32

BITCHES I LEAVE TO SEE SET IT OFF ON SATURDAY IM SO HYPED

----------------

"That was not cool, Craig!" Jonathan roared as soon as he laid eyes on the waiting boy. "Your text was fucked up!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Craig intended to play it off, he really didn't want everyone to know what was going on.

"Yes, yes you do, Craig. The text that you sent Evan last night? That was fucked up, you don't do that to a person." Jonathan had gotten closer to Craig, while everyone else stood back in confusion.

"Oh? So you know where Evan is then? I mean, if you really did see the text, he must be talking to you." Craig crossed his arms, giving Jonathan a look that he had only ever shot at Evan during an argument.

"So what if he is? You think you can just threaten him like that and expect him to come running back to you? What kind of fucked up world do you two live in?" Jonathan said, waving his arms around for emphasis.

Craig took a step closer to him, their faces inches apart, glares in both of their arms. "Look, why don't you just stay out of it, okay? Tell Evan to get his ass back home, and we can forget any of this happened."

"No." Jonathan declared. "I'm not going to 'stay out of it' because you guys are our friends, and friends don't do this to each other! I don't know how this whole 'friendship' thing was explained to you two, but here in America, it's a whole lot different. Because first of all, we don't treat our friends like shit and expect them to stick around. So why don't you act like a decent human being and apologize, because maybe, just maybe, it might bring Evan home." He growled, turning away to join his friends who were a few feet away.

Craig was speechless, absolutely speechless, he never expected to be called out like that. Nobody ever did that in Hell, if something was wrong, they just turned their heads and acted as they usually did. There was no apologies or anything like that. Some people were dicks, and some people were assholes.

Grumbling incoherently underneath his breath, the demon followed behind his assignments as they walked to school in silence.

------------------

"Craig? Craig, answer the question. Mr. Thompson! Are you not paying attention in my class?" The teacher roared as Craig mindlessly doodled on the front cover of his notebook.

"No, I'm not paying attention to a word you're saying." He replied, his eyes not leaving the notebook, much like when Evan had first gotten in trouble.

"Well, why not? Do you know everything then?" Mr. Dunnigan said, his arms crossed as he pointed to the equation on the board. "How about you solve this for me, then?"

"X equals 42." Craig replied, only glancing at the problem.

"Lucky guess, try the next one." The teacher was not going to be humiliated by Craig.

"Eighty five degrees." It was an instant reply.

"How did you-" He was cut off as Craig spoke up.

"Look, okay? Your class is boring as fuck, so I'm going to leave, and you're not going to stop me, how does that sound? Actually, I don't care, I'll see you some other time, Mr. Dung-agin." With that, Craig stood up, his notebooks tucked underneath his arm while he carried his backpack in his other hand, and he walked straight out the door.

"Human school really fucking blows." He said to himself as he left the school.

---------------

"And he just left? Like, walked out the door and didn't come back?" Jonathan said as Tyler explained what had happened earlier.

"Yeah, he left." Tyler said. "I don't know what you're so worried about, he's not gonna do anything bad."

Jonathan took his phone out his pocket, turning it on. "I'm worried that he's going to go looking for Evan."

"Why are you worried about that? You said Evan was fine." Tyler said, sitting down as they reached the lunch table. Currently they were the only ones there.

"Yes, Evan is fine. He is resting after we took him to the hospital yesterday to get stitches!" Jonathan hissed at his friend.

Tyler choked on his water, spitting it everywhere as he coughed. Just then the guys showed up, about to greet the pair when Tyler spoke. "Stitches? What the hell happened to him?"

"Who are you guys talking about?" David asked as they all sat down.

"Evan broke a mirror at his house and cut his arm, but Craig put bandages on it, then my mom changed the the bandages on Monday and yesterday Evan fell and hit the corner of some furniture and we took him to the hospital." Jonathan explained, typing on his phone.

"Shit, is he okay? Did he hit his head again?" Marcel asked, late on joining the conversation.

"Yeah, he's fine, he didn't hit his head again, I just want him to be able to rest without Craig showing up. Those two aren't in the best place right now." Jonathan said, sighing as he read the texts on his phone.

Evan: I was sleeping, what the hell are you on about?

Jonathan: Craig left early, just checking up on you.

Evan: Well, I'm fine, don't worry. I'll see you later, thanks for the wake up call by the way.

Jonathan: Sorry Ev, I'll see ya later

-------------------

He placed a stack of bills on the counter of the convenience store, all of them either crumpled or folded over from having been in his pocket.

"Gimme' a couple of packs of cigs. And I want that good shit, not those cheap ass mom cigarettes." His voice was husky, deep, and did not match his appearance in the slightest.

The worker, who looked bored out of her mind despite his attitude, casually turned around, grabbed a couple backs of cigarettes and placed them on the counter. "Will that be all?" Even her voice sounded bored.

He grabbed a lighter from the side, inspecting it for a few seconds before tossing on top of his small pile. "That's it."

"That'll be 13.25, sir." She said, rapidly pressing buttons on the register.

He slid fifteen towards her, grabbing the packs and the lighter before turning around and leaving. Just as he reached the door he called over his shoulder. "Keep the change, sweetheart."

He got into the passenger seat of the car, looking over at his friend. "Let's go, we got some business to take care of."