Chapter 14

BANG BANG BANG

“Oooo, my head is pounding” I whimper to myself.

Bang Bang Bang

“ATHENA PLEASE” A pleading male voice yells.

Rolling over and throwing my pillow over my head to block out the banging.

Bang Bang Bang

“ATHENA I’M SORRY! PLEASE OPEN UP” The pleading male voice yells again. At this point I know its Jase banging on the door.

Bang BANG

“ARRR, I’M COMING” I yelled throwing my pillow and kicking my blankets off me.  Once I stood up I sat right back down, because my head felt like there was the weight of an elephant on it. I look over to my clock to see its 9 am, and there’s water and aspirin next to it. Weird I don’t remember grabbing that last night, actually I don’t remember how I got home. I know I didn’t drink that much last night, did I? Ben must have brought me home and done this for me, he is a great friend. I reach over and grabbed the aspirins and pop them into my mouth followed by a swig of water.

BANG BANG BANG

“PLEEEEEASE” Jase whines out again.

Pushing off my bed groaning, because I do not want to deal with this right now. I open my door to see Jase on his knees with his head facing down.  When he looked up at me I couldn’t help feel somewhat bad for him, because he looked distressed. GOOD! I thought to myself, it served him right.

“What do you want Jase” I asked coldly crossing my arms.

“Can we talk?” He asks quietly, and before I could speak he spoke again.

“Please Athena! You have to know I would never do anything to hurt you. I care about you so much” He pleads to me, and his eyes seem to start to water.

“Jase, look if that was true last night would of never happen. Don’t blame the booze either because that excuse won’t work” I tell him more calmly.

“I’m not going to and honestly I didn’t even drink that much. I don’t know what happened honestly, it’s all a blur till a crashing sound and I saw you then a girl on my lap laughing. Once everything clicked together and you started leaving I tried to go after you” He tells me dropping his head down and running his hand through his hair. I don’t know if what he’s saying is true. What girl in their right mind would believe such a thing. He really does seem sorry and hurt over this, but I’m not ready to forgive him.

“Jase look I need some time to think about this, okay” I tell him trying to sound sincere.

“I understand and I’ll give you the space you need to think. I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes you to trust me again, and I promise you I’ll prove to you that you can” He tells me, and he sounded so sincere but I still don’t know. I just give him a small smile and nodded trying to hold back the tears. I watch him walk away slowly before shutting the door and letting the tears fall.