Chapter 7

We got back to our dorm and Jase walked me to my room holding my hand. When we get to my door I turn around to thank him. Instead he surprises me by wrapping his arms around my waist, and bringing me to his chest.

I giggle “Someone ate their Wheaties this morning? Man your chest is hard as a rock” I smile at him wrapping my arms around his neck.

He chuckles at me then rubs his nose to mine, and I notice he’s looking down at my lips. I got this feeling of thrill over me and for the first time I make the first move. I brought my lips to his soft lips that tasted like beer, and mint. He was more than welcoming when my lips met his, and this boy could kiss. We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat making me jump, and when we looked to see who it was.

“Cole?” Jase says confused. I was as well, on why he was here this late.  Cole looks down putting his hands in his front pockets “Sorry to interrupt your little love fest, but I need to talk to Athena alone” he states before finally looking at us.

Jase looks back to me smiling then places a sweet soft kiss on my lips “I’ll see you tomorrow beautiful” he tells me. This makes me smile and I wish Cole didn’t interrupt us, because I really wanted to kiss him some more.

“Night bro!” Jase says to Cole when he walks past him.  Cole just nods as he stares me down, and my eyebrows pushed together giving him a weird look. I unlock the door and push it open “Coming?” I ask him, and he nods as he takes a step to follow me into my place.

“Okay, so what has you here this late of the hour?” I ask unexcitedly.

I walk into my room to get my night wear on.  Cole was leaning on the island with his arms crossed, and he spoke loud enough so I could hear him.

“So how was your night?" He asks me. Really? I knew this wasn’t the reason why he came here this late at night. Walking out of my room I walk over to my couch, and propped my leg up on the table to put lotion on.

“It was good, and your band is amazing” I smile over to him. When I look in his direction his head is down, and shoulders are slumped. “What’s wrong Cole?” I push off the couch and walk over to him.

“Umm, can you put on some pants?” He asks kind of quiet, and I see his cheeks have a slight shade of pink.

“OH JEZZ! Really? Cole I’m in a long tee shirt, it’s not like you haven’t seen me like this before” I snapped at him annoyed before I turn to go to my room. Cole grabs my wrist to stop me and pulls me to him. Letting out a breath and closing his eyes “I know, but you’re more grown you know” He states, and then he makes eye contact. I notice his breathing has picked up as I looked into his eyes I swear the emerald color was glowing.

“Cole why does that matter” I asked baffled. I’m now standing between his legs with my hands on his upper arms.

“Because, you’re beautiful. I mean I’ve always thought you were, but I just don’t want to feel out of control around you” he sighs and pushes away from me. I'm standing there not knowing what to do or think. I’m kind of stunned that Cole would feel like that around me.

“Cole what are you saying?” I ask walking over to where he was. His back was to me, I touch his arm noticing he was tense then he loosens up from my touch. He turns to face me, and he seemed conflicted about something, but I wasn’t sure why.

“It’s nothing, forget what I said, okay?” Then he starts to walk towards my door, and I run over to him and grab his arm to stop him. “Cole speak to me, I never seen you like this before”

Out of nowhere he turns and cups my face before I know it he clashes his lips to mine, and I didn’t fight it for some reason. I grab onto his forearms holding onto him like my life depended on it and he breaks the kiss “I’m sorry I sh…..” I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his neck and bring my lips back to his. He didn’t reject it and slides his hands down my sides, and reaches around the back of my thighs to lift me. I respond by wrapping my legs around his waist. Slowly he walks over to set me on my island counter. His hands go over my thighs to under my tee making me moan against his lips.

All of a sudden he pulls back and I was breathless from kissing him. He steps back and I give him a dazed look “Cole?”

“I’m sorry Athena, this shouldn’t of happened” and he was gone before I could even protest or say bye.

That night I didn’t sleep well, and my dreams were more intense than they have ever been before.