Chapter 30

(Athena)

As soon as I felt the morning sun hit my eyes I slowly stretched out my arms. When my left arm fell over to Cole’s side of the bed I instantly knew it was lacking a very warm sexy many. I won’t lie I’m absolutely disappointed to be waking up alone, but if he’s cooking breakfast then a girl can forgive. Lazily I push myself up and take in my surroundings, and try to see if I could smell something good. Once again disappointed on the lack of breakfast smell in the air. I started to move the blanket off me when something shiny caught my eye. Looking over to the empty side of the bed. There sat a CD case with a note on it.

Watch me

I quickly grabbed the case and starred at the thick black letters for a few moments. Then hopping off the bed making my way down stairs calling for Cole. He had to be the one who left this behind, but why? It was dead quiet, which is beginning to make me panic. I walk into the kitchen to find my bag that had my cell phone, but notice Cole’s truck keys were on the table.  Maybe he is outside? There are sliding glass doors in the dining room that lead to the back yard. Stepping out back to see if possibly he was back there, and of course nothing.

Making why way back in my doorbell rang, and I quickly made my way to the front door. I swung it open to find a smiling Ben with bags in his hands.

“What’s wrong girl?” Ben asks losing the grin.

“Ben please tell me you have your laptop” I rambled out.

“Yes of course! What’s wrong Athena? You look pale” He asks walking into the house.

“I don’t know Ben. I found this on my bed and can’t seem to find Cole anywhere” I state in a panic. We went into the kitchen where Ben took out his laptop, and placed it on the counter. Turning on his laptop I handed him the CD case so he could put it into his computer.

“It’s a video file” He says confused, but preceded to press play.

Once it started to play I got this icky feeling in the pit of my stomach. A man appeared in front of the screen, but he was on his knees with a cloth sack over his head.  There was barley any light to make out who the man was, but then a women spoke.

“Tisk, Tisk Athena” The raspy female voice spoke.

“Medusa” I whispered.

“I warned you child not to involve lover boy” She says amused.

“That’s too bad you had to break my rules, because he is such a handsome man” Medusa adds, and I felt my heart rate pick up.

“Let this be your only warning, or your precise babies are next” She states firmly.

“Any last words lover boy?” She asks, and I see a shadow appear behind him.

“I don’t think we should wat-” Ben started to say, but was cut off.