Chapter 21

Tonight was the competition and I was beyond nervous. Not only did I have to get up in front of a whole crowd of people I didn’t know, but seeing Jase for the first time in weeks. Ben and I got ready, and he insisted we match in some way. I wore a long simple white dress, and he wore a white button down dress shirt with khakis. I told Cole I would meet him there, so he could be with his band. The whole get up was at a club near the campus that I haven’t been to before.  When we got there it was filling up fast, and there was no sign of Cole or Jase. I did see my brothers there in a crowd of people, so I told Ben I would be right back.

“Hey losers” I say smacking Tias upside the head, then did the same to Alex.

“What the hell was that for” Tias whines.

“Have you idiots heard of this thing called a phone?” I asked annoyed.

“Sorry sis, we just had a lot going on” Alex tells me. He looked guilty by the expression on his face as he stood there with his hands in his pockets not making eye contact.

“Whatever, you ass hats could of called or at least text me” I tell them still not happy with their bullshit answer.

“Well how have you been? Where is your man” Tias asks, and puts an arm around my shoulder.

“I don’t know probably with his band” I tell him shrugging his arm off me.

“Here he comes now” Alex says pointing behind me. I turn around smiling, but quickly went away when I saw it was Jase. I started to panic not knowing what to say or do, and I’m guessing Cole didn’t say anything to my brothers.

“Hey” Jase says running his hand threw his messy hair.

“Uh-Hey” I say nervously.

“How have you been? I heard about you being in the hospital, and was going to come but figure you wouldn’t want me there” He states and shoving his hands into his pockets.

“I’m good thanks, and it’s okay that you didn’t come. I was in a coma for a like a week” I reply with a nervous laugh.

“I’m glad you’re okay now”

“How have you been?” I ask.

“Good, trying to stay busy”

“That’s good, you excited for tonight?” that was the dumbest question I could have asked.

“Nah, same as any other time we play” He says smiling, and I can’t help but get butterflies seeing him smile.

“Yea I guess that makes sense. Ben and I are going to do a number, well Ben didn’t give me a choice” I tell him feeling more comfortable now.

“That’s awesome, I didn’t know you could sing”