~20~

I shut my locker after gathering all the books I need and headed off to class. Even though I had twenty minutes to socialize in the hallways, Gabe was sick at home. At least that's what he texted me, so I didn't really want to socialize.

I sat down in the back of the class room, not even my first period teacher, Mr. Hendrick, was here yet.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly. I didn't get one wink of sleep last night, I kept tossing and turning. I couldn't completely process finding out Mr. Vam- Christian's name.

But now I'm regretting it like hell because I have to suffer through Eight hours of school with out my Best Friend. And only friend may I add.

-

Soon enough the Lunch bell rang and I was headed to the outdoor food court to read.

Once I found an empty bench to sit on I pulled out a romance novel I read thousands of times before.

I was getting to the climax of the book when it was suddenly snatched out of my hands. I looked up and there was Tina holding my book with her perfectly manicured hand.

"Wow," she scoffed at me "not only do you act like a dork, but you dress like one too."

I looked down at myself and saw nothing wrong with my jeans and sweatshirt. But when I looked back at her I noticed compared to her I did Kind of look like a dork. But no way in hell am I going to admit that.

"What you reading, Parker?" Venom dropped from her lips as she spoke my name, and her eyes studied the book.

"Give it back." I mumble lowly and reach for the book, but Tina's hand pulled it backwards preventing me from getting it.

"Please." I whisper. I'm really not in the mood for this shit, I want nothing more than to curse her out but I don't want detention again.

"Awh you gonna cry?" Tina mocked and people within a hearing distance chuckled and let out snickers drawing attention to us.

"C'mon Sandy cry for me." Her eyes turned Ice cold and a few people gathered around the scene.

I looked around my anger building up as everybody mocked cries and whimpers around me. Tina was in the middle and was looking at my with a victorious stare.

I clenched my fist and stood to my feet abruptly. "Enough!" I yell, silencing all the teenagers around us. I looked Tina directly I the eyes and took a confident step forward.

"You have no idea the shit you've put me through this year! Hell you have no idea the hell you've put almost half the people in this damned school through! You're just a slut who has nothing better to do than put everybody else down to make your small self esteem grow! Now stop being a bitch and give me my book back." By the time I was done with my rant I was out of breath and everybody was staring with wide eyes. But I think Tina's was the widest with her jaw basically on the ground.

For the first time I think I had the upper hand. I grabbed my book from Tina's hand while she stood still in shock. And pushed my was past the frozen bodies that circled the bench.

I know everybody watched me as I walked off school campus but I really couldn't give any shits right now. I need to go home.

By the time I walked into my neighborhood my phone ringed eight times but I didn't answer I was still processing what happened at lunch.

I can't believe I stood up to the queen bee of high school. Everybody probably thinks I am the dumbest shit but I couldn't care. It felt nice to get that off my chest.