~15~

Gabe's eyes were closed and his lips were puckered tight. When his face seemed to close for comfort I realized there was only one option...

I pushed him away and also took a few steps back just to be safe. When his face was contorted back to normal it looked broken and sorrowful.

"I'm sorry." I shamefully say with my head tilted towards the ground "Gabe I think of you as my friend. Nothing more."

Gabe's hands went up to his face and he slid them downwards in a way to signal his stress. 

"I mean you disappear this weekend, not even shooting me a text. Then I come over and I try to share my feelings with you and you can't even accept them. I mean what is going on with you?" Gabe stopped and looked me over once more before turning away and looking to my driveway where his car was parked.  "Are you ready to leave or not?" 

I cleared my throat, pacing through my doorway gathering shoes and my backpack. I looked up to find him staring at me. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and slipped on the old sneakers over each foot. 

I yelled goodbye to Beth who is hopefully awake by now, then slammed the door shut. After checking the handle to confirm it is locked I hurried down the few steps to catch up with Gabe who was almost at the car. 

I was at the passenger door when he started the car. I got inside and buckled my seat belt. I looked at Gabe whose eyes were focused on the road in front of us, but by the way his jaw ticked every few moments gave away he knew I was staring. So to avoid him getting any more angry than he already is I stared at the window and watched the trees pass by. 

Why did he choose now to expose his feelings? I did sort of send him mixed signals acting all straight forward and such, but did he always feel this way? I tried to think over my memories to see if there was any hint towards him and him feeling this way over the past two years. All of them were of him standing up for me, which seems sort of brotherly like to me. 

The car stopped and I checked out the windshield to see a red light keeping us from progressing the few meters down the road to the student parking area. I looked over at Gabe who was already staring. I offered an apologetic look but his neutral mask stood and he turned away. 

The last moments of the drive was complete silence until the doors were opened to get out and all you heard was the sounds of socializing teens. I grabbed my backpack out of the car and closed the door. I glanced at Gabe once more, who was to busy locking the doors to notice, and continued on my way to the front doors of the school. 

When I got all the textbooks I needed for my next class out of my locker I headed towards the Computer Lab for my marketing class. I walked inside and sat at a loner computer in the corner afraid to be noticed by the group of jocks and cheerleaders all clustered around in a group. 

But of course with my luck they noticed me in less than ten seconds

"Aw look it's Sandy!" One of them squeaked loudly, and I hear her loud clicking of high heals coming towards me. She lightly tugged on my hair, causing me to flinch away. 

"Hey, look she got rid of her muffin top!"  I tried to focus on my computer screen as my sides were poked at.

"She must've puked up everything in her system!"

A series of laughter rung out from them, until one of them swirled around my chair forcing me to look at who it was. Low and Behold it was Tina with her hair perfectly straightened and her face was scrunched up which was not attractive in my opinion. 

She pointed her fake pink nail in my face and sternly spoke "If your friend ever talks to me like that again I will personally ruin both of your lives. Got it?" 

And what I did next I couldn't ever live down...

**A/N: OOOOH MY GOSH! you guys are amazeballs! I can't believe I have over 60k reads! like this is unreal! and I know I promised this chapter a while ago but I didn't know I would get 1k votes this quick! and Im almost at 2k votes already! Just wow! thank you all so much! What do you think happened to Tina! 

Kisses and Kittens xx**