~19~

"I'm..." His voice started and I feel as though everybody leaned inwards as if we were to hear his inner thoughts.

He inhaled a large breath and next thing I know the doorbell rings. The piercing noise basically cut through the suspense as Mr. Vampire offered to open the door and left before my step-mother could deny his kindness.

I sat back in my chair and huffed in frustration.

Why couldn't even the simplest thing, such as finding out somebody's name, go easily in my joke of a life? Sometimes I feel as though everything takes the wrong path just so people can get a good laugh out of it.

I know this is really dramatic but I've been dying to know his name. Just every time I thought about asking him something comes in the way.

But this time I got so close, and whoever was at the door was too blame...wait. Whose at the door?

"I'll be right back." I excuse myself from the table and scurry to the entrance hall.

I enter the room and notice a slightly smaller figure standing in front of Mr. Vampire. But once I got close enough I saw Gabe standing there with a look of uneasiness and anger in his eyes while he glared at my dinner guest.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Gabe.

His eyes flicker over to me, the hard look softening almost instantly.

"You forgot you're phone in my car." He states casually. And sure enough the shiny black device was in his hand as he held it out to me. I took it with a grateful stare.

I turn my head towards Mr. Vampire and his eyes were dark as they rested on Gabe. I scrunch my face together in confusion and nudge his side.

He didn't look at me but his harsh glare did lighten up a bit.

"Do you guys know each other?" I question.

Gabe looks back at Mr. Vampire and resumes his glare.

"No." They both answer in unison.

Well damn.

"Are you guys sure?" Obviously something was going on but I doubt either of them will admit it while trying to kill each other with harsh looks.

And again the both answer in unison, confirming their lies. I roll my eyes thanking Gabe and bid him a good night.

By the time the door closes I ask Mr. vampire what that was all about.

"Nothing," He shrugged his shoulders "I just don't get a good vibe from him." I caught his lie.

"No, something obviously was going on." I state the obvious "Tell me."

"It's-"

"Now." I stop him from lying again and this time he slumps his shoulders in defeat.

"He's not a good guy, Sandy." I searched his eyes and nothing gave away if he was lying or not. "Stay away."

"I've known him my whole life, I'm not staying away." I retaliate.

"Sandy." He warns.

I open my mouth to warn him in the same manner but snap it shut when I realize I still don't know his name.

I pull back from my harsh look and stare at his face trying to find out what he looks like. Nick maybe? Andrew? Lucifer?

I internally snort at my ridiculous assumption.

"Stop staring," The familiar low voice breaks me from my thoughts "it's weird." And with that he leaves into the kitchen abandoning me shocked and slightly flustered.

When I finally compose myself and make my way back into the kitchen my father and Mr. Vampire are having a conversation about the football games and Beth is doing the dishes.

When she noticed my return she turned the water off and wiped her hands on the apron she wore around her waist. "Who was that, dear?"

"Gabe, I forgot my phone in his car." I answer casually.

"What a nice boy." She says and I see in the corner of my eye Mr. Vampire visibly cringe. And stand up shaking my fathers hand.

"Goodbye, thank you for the lovely dinner." He thanks both of my parents. But before he can make his exit my fathers voice stops him.

"I never did catch your name, son?"

I turn to him and he looks directly in my eyes. Every second of silence feels like hours while he takes his sweet ass time to answer.

"Christian."

And I couldn't help but think, what an angelic name for such a devil of a man.

**A/N: oh damn. Know you guys know his name!!! did you think you wouldn't find out? but with so much feedback coming in I felt like you guys deserve it! maybe next time you can figure out why Gabe is so bad. according to Mr. vampire. or should I say christian? thanks lovelys!

Kisses and Kittens xx**