Chapter 24: Double Pizza Date

Katie's POV:
This day is happening so fast! We're already in our last class, waiting for the bell to ring. Mary's sitting across from me on her phone, oblivious to my shipping of her and Jax. "What's time is it Mary?" I ask her.

"2:56. Your phone is in your hands; you could of checked yourself." She says, without even looking up. "How'd you know-" "My peripheral vision is amazing, remember?" She glances at me. I roll my eyes, knowing what she's referring to. She uses her great peripheral vision to pass tests, but who wouldn't?

I get a message on my phone. I check to see it's Tyler:
Tyler~
We're driving them straight there afterschool right?

I look up to see if Mary's paying attention, but she's fixated.

Me~
Yes Tyler! We've been over this like ten times!
Tyler~
Ok, I just wanted to be sure. See you there!
Me~
Ok, love you!

I can't believe he can't remember the simple plan. We don't meet up like normal in the hallway and immediately we head for Joe's Pizzeria.

Suddenly the bells ring and people rush out the door. "Come on Katie! I have to do something before we leave!" Mary rushes me. "Okay, but let's make this quick." I say, worrying about seeing Tyler and Jax. We run down the hallway, opposite of the mass of people trying to leave. I get shouldered at least ten times following Mary. Eventually we make it out, then head for the locker rooms next to the gym.

"Did you forget your gym clothes?" I ask Mary. She stops, turning around at the doors. "Nope."

"Well what are we doing here?" I ask her. "I'm waiting for someone. He'll be here any minute now."

It's a him? Who could she be meeting up with on a Friday? "Hey Mary!" Oh no. No no no no no! I spin on my heels to see Jax dragging Tyler over here. This is ruining the plan!

"Hey Jax; you wanted to see me right?" Mary asks, walking up to him. I walk over to Tyler, whispering, "What are y'all doing here!" He whispers back, "I could ask the same thing!"

"I just ... the thing is I like you and I just wanted to know ... if you'd maybe go out with me?" Jax asks slowly. Mary hugs him, saying on his shoulder, "Took you long enough." "Hey, you confess to your crush that you like them!" Jax says, pulling her to him.

"I didn't expect that." Tyler comments. "Me neither." I confess.

The two of them have a moment while me and Tyler watch as our plan goes to waste. "Sorry guys, about holding y'all up. We can go to that thing you need to go to bro." Jax says to Tyler. "Yeah and that important place you had to take me Katie."

Me and Tyler look at each other, then I confess, "We were setting y'all up on a date." "A pizza date." Tyler adds. Jax and Mary both celebrate in excitement. "I love pizza!" Jax says. "Why can't we still go?" Mary asks.

"Well it was to set y'all up, but now y'all are already together." Tyler explains. "So, now we can have one of those double dates." Jax says. Mary jumps in excitement. "That's a great idea." She compliments him. "Thanks, I don't get that a lot."

"Yeah, why don't we do that! We can all have fun together!" I say. "Ok then it's settled!" Tyler announces.

"First couple to the parking lot gets to pick the pizza!" Mary challenges. They both dash towards the back. "Hey that's not fair!" I yell, grabbing Tyler's hand and sprinting after them.

~~~

"You like anchovies?" I ask Jax. "Yeah! I love them on my pizza!" He says, chomping on another slice. "We have so much in common." Mary says, mouth full of pizza. I look at Tyler, who's even more reluctant to eat the pizza than me.

Before taking a bite, I pull all the anchovies off, leaving only pepperoni. "See, this is a better pizza." I say, showing them the anchovy free pizza.

"But then there's no flavor!" Jax points out. "Well I don't like that flavor!" I tell him. "Me neither." Tyler agrees with me.

I smile at him, watching him take the anchovies off. "I'm so glad you like regular pizza." I say, taking a bite. Tyler takes a big bite, making him chew with his mouth open. "Tyler!" I laugh, watching him eat like a pig. The others laugh too, making us the loudest table in the Pizzeria.

"See, was this not the best idea ever?" Mary asks, grabbing another anchovy pizza.

"It was a fantastic idea; thanks Jax." Tyler tells Jax. "No problemo." Jax brushes it off. He puts his arm around Mary, taking a piece of her pizza. They flirt with each other and I turn to Tyler, watching him laugh at their goofiness.

I grab his hand under the table, both of us lacing hands. "Someone else wants a few kisses." Tyler says, wiping the sauce off his lips. I can't help but smile as he pulls me closer to him in the booth.

I grab his chin, pulling him into a kiss. It short but soft and lovely before he starts tickling me. I laugh my heart out, with the tickling, the jokes, and memories.

I look around the table, at my boyfriend laughing, Jax and Mary having the best time of there lives, knowing our friendship will last forever.

A/N PLEASE READ:
I am literally sad because this was one of my favorite books to write! I truly hope y'all enjoyed the ending! Thank you so much for every like and comment! It means so much! Thanks for over a thousand reads! I never thought I'd get so many again!

If you want to ready another book by me, please check out Becoming a Sol or Mrs. Popular is a Nerd! Soon I'll be writing my next novel, The Best Fracture, so make sure to check my profile. Again, thanks so much for everything! Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!