Chapter 1: My Repetitious Life

Tyler's POV:
Get up, go to school, go to the shop, then back home. It's so fun doing that everyday for the entire school year. I'm a third of the way there, at my Dad's T-shirt shop.

You would think he'd hire other employees, but nope, his one and only son works for him. I run the entire store after school, letting my Dad go home to rest. Now I might sound annoyed, but I'm just tired. After going here I have a lot of homework, including track practice.

Track is probably the only thing that's fun in my life other than seeing my friends. I mean, running a t-shirt shop is fun too, but right now, I'm just sitting my chair waiting for someone to walk in and buy a t-shirt.

It's usually busy enough to where I'm helping people find shirts or working the register every few minutes. But our store is empty. I mean if someone's trying to find this place, it's not hard to miss our logo of a giant t-shirt saying Jakes Custom T-Shirts.

I look at the time on my watch. 5:28.

It's almost time for her to be here. I get off my seat and walk to the window. Now who's her? Her is Katie Vanilla. She's beautiful with her brown hair, blue eyes and athletic abilities. She plays on the softball team. If all this isn't enough for you to understand, she's my crush.

Everyday after school she stops by to buy a shirt, or (usually) comes and talks to me. I never know why, but she does. I don't mind, talking to my crush after school everyday is amazing.

"I see it." I say to myself. The black car she drives pulls up in the parking lot.

I watch as she gets out, and walks towards the door. I open the door, just as I did the first time she walked in. She walks in, graceful as always. "Hey! How have you been doing?" She asks me. "Fine. How's your life?" I ask back.

"It's good ... good. Anyway, how is the shop going?" Katie asks me. I walk away from the door, inside, behind the counter and reply, "Oh ya know, typical boring day. I haven't sold anything today and-"

"I'll buy one. I love getting shirts from this place! They're always so ... Special to me." Katie states happily. I knew she was going to do that. The first time we meet here she bought a shirt by interrupting me too; there's an awful lot of nostalgia today.

Katie walks around, looking at all the t-shirts. Trust me, someone could be looking here for hours trying to see every single shirt.

Good thing I just scan the tag and don't have to remember any crazy numbers.

I watch Katie go through the graphic design t-shirts and pull out one with a picture of Minnie Mouse wearing a crown; it also has written on it Royalty in caps. She walks back to the counter, handing the shirt over to me. "Royalty. Nice." I comment, as I'm scanning the tag.

"Hey don't judge, your wearing a t-shirt with a zombie on it." She argues. "Yeah, but zombies are cooler." I tell her.

Blushing, she says, "Whatever, just tell me how much it is." I look at the register. "Seven dollars please." I say, outstretching my arm. Katie starts digging through her purse. "Can you not find your card?" I ask.

"No I'm just looking for change. I know I have seven dollars in here. Just ... one second." And she places her purse on the counter.

Next thing I know, she's shaking her purse out, trying to find change. While all her amenities fall out, I notice the zipper on the side of the bag.

"Ahem!" And I nod towards the side of the bag.

Katie stops shaking and looks where I pointed. "Oh, right. I knew that." I also heard her whisper, "This is so embarrassing." She pulls out her wallet from the side and pulls out seven dollars. I put the money in the register and gave her the recite with her t-shirt. I also help her pick up everything that she shook out of her purse.

"Thanks." She said happily. "Your welcome." I reply back. After picking up all her things, Kaite looks at the shirt again, but this time, her face goes sad, like a sudden mood swing just happened.

She bites her lip before saying, "Can I ask you something?"

My heart starts beating. This can't be what I'm thinking, she doesn't even know my name. "Sure." I say as casually as possible. As she opens her mouth, her phone starts vibrating on the counter. She grabs it and checks the text. I want to know what she was going to ask!

"Oh no, I gotta go. Um ... bye guy!" She waves, running out of the store. I wave, not saying goodbye. I wanted to know her question. Was it what I thought it was?

Stop Tyler, she still doesn't know your name.

I watch as she gets in her car and drives off. Man ... if only I told her how I feel. But what's the chance of some guy who works at a t-shirt shop ever dating the popular softball player Katie Vanilla? Zero.

I look up at the digital clock on the above the front door. 5:59. Better lock up, which basically means fix all the shirts and then lock the door.

Being the only employee is fu-un.

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hey everybody reading this book! I just want you to know thank you, and my update schedule might be slow. Maybe once or twice a week (because of school!) so bare with me y'all. Also, the story is gonna get better, it always does. To end, vote, comment, and Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!