Chapter 4: Pretty Boy isn't My Type

A/N PLEASE READ:
I know I know I'm a day early, but, if you live in Richmond/Rosenberg/Sugar Land/Houston Texas, you know Fair Day is Friday! NO SCHOOL! Anyway, I might forget tomorrow so I'm updating today. Aside from that, I hope y'all are enjoying the book! Until next time, vote, comment, and Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!

---------------------------------

Katie's POV:
"Kat you stupid girl get up! Your going to be late for school!" I hear through my door. I turn over and try to go back to sleep. Instead of leaving me alone, she continues to wake me up by banging on the door. "Kat get up! I don't have time for this!" She yells. This time, I sit up and reply, "I'm up!"

I hear, through the wall, her heels clicking down the stairs.

I slowly go through my morning routine. Clothes, bathroom, breakfast. (I make sure to avoid my stepmom as much as possible while doing this by the way.)

When I'm done chomping on my delicious oatmeal, my stepmom walks into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator. "Make sure to be home on time today, I'll need you to wash my new car tonight." She tells me, digging through the fridge.

I sigh loudly so she can hear. She gets a different car almost every week for no reason! She gets them, then returns them, then buys a new one! What? Just keep one, you don't need to jump from a limo to a hummer limo!

"Don't complain now; wait until you see what it is. Then you'll really wanna cry!" My stepmom laughs. Why does she enjoy my suffering? Who knows.

She pulls her hands out with a bowl of vanilla pudding. She closes the fridge and grabs a spoon from the drawer and starts walking to the front door.

"Your not saving any for me?" I ask nicely.

She starts laughing. "Right, like I'm not finishing this." She says with pudding in her mouth.

Next thing I know, she leaves with pudding.

Whatever, I can just make some more tonight, assuming the car she brings home isn't like a monster truck.

After putting my bowl in the dishwasher, I grab my backpack and purse, and head for my car. It's one of my stepmom's old black Camaros. Not a big deal.

I start it up and start driving to school. Before I'm even to the stop sign, my phone dings. I stop at the sign and check my phone.

Mary~
Girl you just passed me up!

What?!

I look in my side mirror and see Mary waving her hands in the air.

Ooops.

I almost forgot to pick up Mary. She and I have been friends for about a month since she moved in next to us.

She's funny, pretty, has her own style; I kind of wish I were her.

I back up until she's parallel with the door. She opens the door and gets in. She's wearing a bluebonnet top with blue jeans, over her jeans she's wearing a flower skirt, black converse, and she's wearing her brown hair in a ponytail.

See what I mean!

"Omg I love your outfit!" I compliment. She smiles. "You know you don't have to say that everytime you see me." Mary says, buckling in.

I start driving. "I mean it everytime! Where do you get these ideas?" I ask, interested now.

"My head, but the clothes are from my closet." She answers truthfully. "You should give me one of those ideas to wear tomorrow." I say, turning the corner.

I glance at her for a second and she's smiling.

Only a few minutes later, we're at school, Daylight High School. Aside from the mascot being the Sun, it's a good school. Two floors, nice teachers, great sports teams, and there's Fun Friday's.

I drive into the student parking lot and park in space 25. We get out and immediately there's someone tapping my shoulder. I turn around to see Chase Anderson, the schools 'Perfect Boy'. Chiseled features, blues eyes, perfect black hair, muscles and all ... but he's not my type.

"Hey Katie. I-I wanted to ask you something," while he pauses, everyone in the parking lot turns to us. Oh great, just the attention I need in the morning.

He grabs my hands and brings them up. "Will you go on a date with me?"

No no no no no NO, I can't do that! I look at Mary and she's shaking her head yes a thousand times. I look around to see everyone whispering. I don't like being so popular, everyone judges you so easily.

I look back at Chase again, and he looks so like he's serious about this.

"I mean, sure. One little date couldn't hurt." I answer.

Everyone around us claps as if this was prom or something. He hugs me, but I just stand there awkwardly. Letting go he says, "Afterschool, meet me here, got it?" I nod smiling. He smiles and let's go of my hands slowly, turning to the school. He walks a ways before catching up with his group of friends.

"Katie! Chase Anderson just asked you out!" Mary screams.

"I know." I say, walking towards the school. "Aren't you like super excited!?" She asks, reading my face. I shrug. "He's handsome and all, but ... he's not my type." I reply casually.

Mary behind me asks herself, "She was just asked out by the most gorgeous boy in our school and she just shrugged him off!" and other things.

I push the door open and I'm back to school. I wait for Mary before going to my locker. While spinning the dial, Mary asks, "So Katie, I need help on my algebra homework. Can you-"

"You are asking the wrong person; my algebra grade is just as worst as yours." I tell her, grabbing my binders.

I close my locker and look at Mary. "Maybe you should get a tutor." I suggest. "Who, some nerd?" She asks rudely. "Don't say it like that, but someone who knows their math better than we do." I alter her wording.

Riiiiiiing!

"Time to get to class. Come on, maybe we can get 'some nerd' to help us." I say jokingly.

Mary blushes, realizing she was pretty mean. I close my locker, hold my binders tight, and head for Algebra II.