Chapter 23: Planning Operation Pizza Date

A/N PLEASE READ:
Sorry for updating late, and late at night. I forgot about posting yesterday. I truly hope you're enjoying your summer! Also, enjoy Try by Mandy Harvey. If you know her story, the song makes sense. Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!

~~~~~~

Tyler's POV:
I get home quick so I can relax before getting to the shop. My Dad is in the kitchen, making a snack for me at the shop. "Tyler! It's time to go!" He yells through the house. I turn over, wanting to sleep more. Having a job is exhausting! I wish I could sleep until tomorrow, but my Dad can't handle his shop alone.

Mentally sighing, I slide out of bed, grab my backpack off the floor, and run to the front of the house. "Ready son?" He asks me, opening the door.

I nod, walking past him outside to the car.

~~~~~~~

"Thank you for coming!" I say goodbye to a customer who just walked out of the shop. I can't believe how busy I've been. The second someone walks out of the shop, three more come in. I look around to see more people in the store than I've ever seen; at least 20.

"Excuse me sir-" someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn to the lady next to me, holding a t-shirt way bigger than her size. "Is this a picture from the new zombie movie coming out?"

That's probably the only reason people are here, to get some cheaper shirts for the new movie, Zombie Slayer, than at brand stores. "Yes it is ma'am, but, isn't that too large for you?" "Oh no this is for my son. He's a real fan of that movie series. His name is Chase." She tells me.

My thoughts immediately turn angry. "Chase Anderson?" I ask.

"Yeah. Do you know him?" She asks nicely. "I do, but only because he's the pitcher on the baseball team. Are you trying to buy this shirt?" I get away from the subject.

"Yes of course." She goes in front of the register. I scan the tag and say, "Sixteen dollars please."

She hands me exact change from her purse. I put it inside the register and hand her the receipt. "Thanks for shopping here." She smiles before turning and walking out of the store. Seconds after Mrs. Anderson leaves, Katie walks into the shop. "Katie! What are you doing here?"

She walks straight towards me. "You won't believe what I have to tell you!" "Your stepmom got a new car didn't she?" I guess. "No; Mary likes Jaxon!"

I gasp, realizing the coincidence. "Told you you wouldn't believe it."

"It's not that. It's because Jaxon likes Mary!" I tell her. Katie gasps dramatically. "The stars are aligning for these two to become a couple. Tyler, we have to set them up!" "Like on a date?" I ask her. "Yes. I can already see it; candlelight underneath the stars on a hill next to a park in-"

"That sounds nice, but there's nowhere around here like that." I explain to her. She opens her mouth to object, but sighs. "How about they go out for pizza?" I suggest. "For a date?" She says confused.

"Yes. If you haven't noticed, Jax isn't very classy." I point out the obvious. "Mary isn't one to get very prepped up either. I guess pizza wouldn't be too bad for a date." She thinks about it, looking at the counter. "For tomorrow?" I ask. "But we can't tell them it's a date, promise?" She looks at me doll-eyed. I smile, "Promise."

"Operation Pizza Date starts tomorrow." I add, making Katie laugh.

Katie screams in excitement , drawing everybody's attention to us. "This is going to be awesome!"