Chapter 12: Approval

Katie's POV:
I step back to see the monster we just conquered. "Wow. I didn't think we could actually do it." I say in astonishment.

"With help, things go by so much faster." Tyler states the obvious. I smile thankfully. "KAT!"

I spin on my heels and see my stepmother staring at her new truck. I gulp; we didn't clean it good enough, and now she's gonna-

"It's perfect!" She states. I blink in confusion. I actually did something right? "Really?" I ask, wanting to hear it again. She walks towards the truck, wearing her tight, blue sparkling dress she bought for tonight. "It's actually good Kat. You and ... this boy, did an adequate job." She complements us.

Tyler whispers, " Adequate? After all that work?!"

"Trust me, this is the best complement I've ever received." I tell him.

"Well," my stepmom says, stepping up into the drivers seat. " I must be leaving now. I wanna show off that I've got the biggest and shiniest car at this party." She informs us. She starts up the monster truck and yells out the window, "I'll be back Kat! And have fun with your boyfriend!" She yells above the roaring of the engine.

Boyfriend!? "He's not my-"

It's too late. She already is driving out of the driveway. She takes off down the street, almost hitting a trash can.

"Your stepmom seems nice. So you told her we were dating?" Tyler asks.

"What?! No! She thought- because we were together- and your cute and ..." I stop to breathe. Why am I stuttering so much? Because of Tyler's presence probably.

Tyler smiles, hearing what jumbled out. "You wanna hang out, now that you stepmoms gone?" He asks excited. Yes! Absolutely ... wait a minute. I check my phone to see the time; 5:57.

Chase is coming in an hour, I have some time to hang with Tyler. "Sure. Whatcha wanna do?" I respond. "Well, I want a tour of your house." Tyler says, looking behind me. "Sure, let's ..." I get drifted off when I see a black Toyota pull up in front of our driveway.

Tyler notices me, and turns around a to see what's happening. That truck looks familiar. The driver walks out, revealing Mr. Anderson. That's why it's so familiar.

A/N PLEASE READ:
Ok, I missed two weeks of updating this book. I'm the worst person ever. But, I've been super busy with trying to pass school, so there is a legitimate excuse. I promise next chapter will be longer, and here's a song to listen to (since I'm late), Landslide by Oh Wonder. Until next time, Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!