Chapter 18: Escaping Captivity

Katie's POV:
"This is stupid!" I yell, staring out the window. Tyler was just here, but my stupid stepmom told him to go! I can't believe this! We were just getting to know each other and suddenly I'm in trouble for bringing him over.

I watch as Tyler gets in his car and drives away. I gotta tell him I'm sorry; I didn't mean to cause his allergies! What do I do!? I'm stuck in my room ...

I turn around, looking around my room. Maybe I could sneak out ... but what if I get caught, then I'll definitely be in trouble. I walk over to my door, my hand shaking as I twist the handle. Standing right outside like a guard dog is my stepmom.

"Where do you think your going Kat?" She asks with arms crossed.

"Back into my room." I respond, closing the door. Guess that's not an option. I look back at the window; is it possible to jump out? I walk back through the mess on the floor back over to the window. I unhinge the latches and push the window up. I look down from the window to see a far drop.

I don't think I'll survive that without a scratch. I look out further to see our (her) newly owned monster truck. I could probably jump to it safely than falling and breaking both legs.

I run over to my bed, grabbing my purse, and run back, leaping out the window like a hurdler. I feel like I'm flying shortly before landing in the back of the truck.

"Oh thank goodness that actually worked." I pray to myself. I quickly descend the truck and get in my car. I immediately take off, heading for the t-shirt shop.

---------------------------

I drive into the parking lot and park directly in front of the shop. I can't believe this is happening; I just escaped from my stepmom ... like what is happening!

I burst into the shop, slamming the doors open, ringing the entry bell. From the register, Tyler says, "Welcome to- Katie?" I smile, seeing him. "Surprise!" I say cheerfully, walking over to the counter. The man Tyler was helping nodded at him before leaving.

Tyler smiles before suddenly looking away and avoiding my gaze. Something's wrong.

"Tyler, what happened?" I ask.

"I'm not supposed to be talking to you, and ... I basically got you in trouble." He tells me, turning around and folding some shirts. "I came to tell you I'm sorry Tyler. I'm the one who caused your allergies. And who told you I can't see you?" I ask, rethinking my question.

"Your stepmom." He speaks, still folding shirts towards the wall. That stupid woman can't control who I can and can't see! Her reign over me is going to end. "She doesn't control who I can see Tyler. I ..." I stop, hearing the door open.

"I like you." I confess.

Tyler lifts up his head, hearing what I said. "You do?" He questions me, looking at the wall. "Yeah. Your amazing, despite what other popular people think." I answer.

He turns around, his face redder than a tomato. "I like you too." He smiles in the cutest way, making me giggle. He walks over to the register and asks, "Is there anything I can get you?"

"There sure is-", I grab his collar and pull him into a kiss. My heart melts as our lips touch. He runs his hands quickly through my hair before breaking it. "Your a good kisser." He informs me.

"Yeah well, practice." I say, pecking him on the cheek again.

A/N PLEASE READ:
I need to apologize for not posting a chapter last week. I'm so sorry, I accidentally forgot and the week was already over. I'm so glad so many people are reading this; thank you! If you haven't, please check out the other book I'm updating, Becoming a Sol. Since I'm late (again) I've attached the song Dizzy by Taylor Swift. Always, Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!