Chapter 3: Where Did This Come From?

Tyler's POV:
I finally lock up shop after fixing all the shirts. I want to know why my Dad can't hire any other employees, I AM TIRED!

I get in my grey car, and drive home. I lucky don't pass out on the road and I make it home safe and sound and tired. I got out and walk into my Dad's house. It's pretty nice for a one story house. I can't imagine living anywhere else; I've only lived here all my life.

I walk through the door and I see my Dad on the couch watching tv. "Hey Da-aaaad." I say, yawning at the end.

"Tyler! You need to watch this Family Feud. It's the celebrity edition! It's hilarious!" My Dad tells me. I look up and see it coming back on, but ...

"I gotta do homework, sorry." I answer quietly. "No no, go do your homework, I can rewind it later." He says, smiling at me. "Thanks, I'll try and hurry up!" Then I run down the hallway to my room. My room's a decently sized room with my bed, a desk, a tv hanging on my wall, and my shelf of things.

What things are on my shelf? Stuff like a stuffed dinosaur, my old remote control car, and my last picture taken with my mother. Aside from the sad memories, my room is cool.

I drop my backpack on my desk and start doing my Algebra II homework. Being good at math and all I pull out my calculator to do all the fraction problems. Midway through my work, I accidentally fling my pencil. I don't even know how, but that happens more than it should.

I reach over near my backpack where it fell and pickup it up. Looking at my backpack, I see ... lipstick? I grab it from the side where the water bottle should go.

I'm thoroughly confused. I know I don't wear lipstick, and I don't own any. Why is ... wait ...

This must be Katie's when she was shaking out her purse, it must of flew over the counter and into my backpack. Or there's a ghost putting lipstick in the side of my bag, but I'm going to go with the first one.

I look at it closer. Mango-Peach lipstick.

I'm not even going to sniff it. Mangos are the worst. Now this one reason why I shouldn't like Katie anymore, but there are so many more reasons to like her. Like her beautiful smile, curly hair, athletic abilities ... she's perfect.

"Are you almost done Tyler!?" My Dad yells from the living room.

I immediately put the lipstick back in my bag and get back to work. "Almost!" I yell back. I grab my pencil and continue on my work. But I need to give her her lipstick back. This is great! Now I have a reason to talk to her in class tomorrow!

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter. I didn't mean for it to be this short, but it happened that way. I hope y'all are enjoying the book! Vote, comment and always Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!