Chapter 21

A few days had passed and the Denali's still hadn't found Tanya. They had followed her scent trail until it stopped at the ocean coast. She hadn't gone back to their house either.

They were taking turns looking for her and waiting in the house. Alice couldn't see where she was going either.

Alice decided to set up a trip to get everything off my mind. She contacted Jessica and Angela and sent us off to Port Angeles.

I rode in the back of Jessica's car while she drove and Angela rode in the passenger seat. Angela and I silently listened to Jessica and she talked about boys she liked, mainly Edward and Mike.

She liked Mike but he was a back up if she couldn't get Edward. She never said it out loud but it was obvious. I was almost positive that the only reason she talked to me was to get closer to Edward. That may have been why he didn't like her.

The ride took forever. It didn't help that I was used to my family's driving habits. We finally made it to a store.

They both spent plenty of time trying on different clothes while I helped them choose what to buy. It was nice to not be forced to try on things I knew I wouldn't buy.

As they were trying on outfits they had found, a group of guys tapped on the shop window and called at us before they walked away. I rolled my eyes

"Men are such pigs." Jessica groaned.

Angela laughed.

"Why can't everyone be like Edward. He is such a gentleman." Jessica sighed.

"He is pretty old fasioned." If she only knew.

"We should come back to find dresses for prom in the spring." Angela stated, looking over at the selection of prom dresses.

"That would be fun but I don't think I'm going." I responded.

Jessica gasped, "What, why not."

"It's not my sort of thing." I answered, shrugging.

"You're related to Alice and Rosalie. How could it possibly not be you thing?" Angela giggled.

"I'm related by adoption, not blood." I reminded them, not like it wasn't obvious. Alice blamed my lack of interest in parties and frilly clothes to be my stubborn attitude.

They both finished making their final purchases and we walked outside. We were going to go to a little italian restaurant for dinner.

While walking down the street to the restaurant, I saw a little book store down an alley and up on a hill.

"Guys, I'm going to go into that book store real quick. I'll meet you at the restaurant."

Angela nodded in response as Jessica kept talking about boys.

I turned and walked down the alley and started climbing the steps up to the shop. It was a small shop with a few windchimes hanging outside.

I opened the door and was greeted with the chime of a bell. I was hit with the comforting smell of old books. An old lady from behind the counter smiled at me and continued to read her book.

I spent a few minutes browsing the selection. There wasn't much that I was interested in but I was able to find a book that interested me and a journal of blank sheet music for Edward.

I checked out and walked outside. I knew that the girls would be waiting for me. I started speed walking down the alley to get back to the main road. About halfway through the alley, two men stopped at the entrance. They looked my way and started walking towards me.