Chapter 14

*Bella is now 17*

Bella's P.O.V.

High school. Commonly known as Hell on Earth. Every teenager hates it and I shall be of no exception.

After being home schooled my whole life, the thought of being around around other people is terrifying.

I sighed and grabbed my backpack. Today I would officially start school. We had been in Forks, Washington for about a year. That was my last year being homeschooled and the others decided to wait until I would go to school before they went themselves.

I stumbled down the stairs to the dining room, my clumsiness making me a walking hazard. I plopped my stuff on the table and sat down in a chair.

I looked over into the kitchen and saw mom cooking some breakfast for me. I blinked and saw a figure standing in front of me. Emmett.

"Can I help you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Maybe." He smirked.

"What did you do to Edward this time?" I asked.

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

At that moment I heard a loud, angry voice from upstairs, "Emmett!"

I raised my eyebrows. Emmett found out that Edward would do just about anything I said and used this to his advantage. He would have me beg Edward to leave him alone, if I didn't, I would be pranked later on. They usually ended with me getting covered in something.

"Seriously, what did you do?" I asked.

He looked at me with innocent eyes. "I just put some decorations up in his room. It was a little dull." He shrugged.

In a flash, Edward was standing next to Emmett, glaring at him.

"Why is there string, glitter, and feathers all over my room?" He growled.

Emmett looked at me expectantly. I stood up and put my hand on Edward's shoulder. He relaxed a bit under my touch.

"Please don't hurt him. Today is already bad enough. I don't need you two fighting." I frowned. Edward looked into my eyes.

"Fine." He grumbled. Emmett grinned and sped off.

I sat back down, Edward taking a seat across from me. Mom came out of the kitchen with a plate of eggs and toast then set it in front of me.

"Thanks" I smiled. She kissed my head and smiled down at me.

"Good morning, sweetie." She said. I started eating as she walked back to the kitchen to clean.

I started slowly eating my food hoping to go slow enough so I wouldn't have to go to school.

"What's wrong?" Edward asked me.

I looked up at Edward. He always seemed to know when something was bothering me, even though he couldn't read my mind. I sighed.

"I don't want to go to school." I mumbled. He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"It isn't that bad. You'll get used to it. Besides, there is at least one of us in each of your classes." He reassured.

"I guess." I didn't like being around other people. They never understood me and I was a hazard to myself and anyone around me. At least here I was surrounded by people that I couldn't injure.

"You'll be fine, just ask Alice." He said. I shuddered. Alice had been really excited for today, the longer I can avoid her this morning, the better. I didn't need another hug that gave me bruises. I also didn't want her to talk so much that I wished I was deaf.