Chapter 17

Bella's POV

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Tanya asked me with a slightly angered look on her face.

Tanya had seemed to be angry with me for the past few days and I had no idea what I did wrong. I suspected that it had something to do with the fact that I was always around Edward. I wasn't around him all the time to make her angry. It was just what we did. He was almost always next to me. I also knew she liked him and he didn't want to be alone with her.

"No." I smiled at her. I rested my head against Edward's shoulder.

I was currently sitting with my legs across his lap and leaning against his shoulder.

"Edward, we should go do something." She whined.

"No thank you. I enjoy staying here." He answered politely.

She glared at me and stormed off into the other room. I looked at Edward.

"What's her problem?" I asked.

"She just wants to be with me and thinks you won't let me go." He answered amused.

"But you told her you didn't want to do anything." I stated confused.

"I don't understand her thought process." He smirked. I giggled.

"Sounds fun" Edward said out of the blue.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Emmett was thinking we could wrestle outside." He answered.

I nodded. I loved watching the guys wrestle. Well, trying to anyway. Sometimes they moved to fast for me to keep up. It was always fun when Alice joined them, using her abilities to her advantage.

I stood up and walked with Edward outside to see the rest of our family already there. I sat down on the steps next to Edward.

Emmett and Jasper walked into the yard in front of us and faced each other. Esme would decide when somebody won. She rarely ever fought and sat with me instead.

"Go" she announced.

In the blink of an eye, they were both moving. Emmett was attacking as Jasper dodged. It was always interesting to watch them fight. Emmett was always trying to win with brute force while Jasper used strategic movements to take him down.

The fight didn't last very long, only about 60 seconds or so. Jasper had pinned Emmett down and was pushing his head into the ground.

"Jasper wins" Esme exclaimed.

"Damn" Emmett grumbled. I laughed.

Edward stood up and walked into the yard where Alice suddenly appeared.

"This should be interesting." I heard Carmen say.

"It always is." Esme laughed.

The fight started and it was clear that it was going to be a tie. It always was. Alice would see the moves Edward would make before he made them and Edward would hear her thoughts and anticipate her moves.

They went back and fourth for about 5 minutes. Esme finally called a draw.

We kept watching fights for a few hours. Each one entertaining. Somewhere during that time, Tanya got frustrated because she couldn't be alone with Edward and left to go hunting.

The sun had started to decline in the sky when Esme announced that I needed to eat dinner.

I had just finished eating when Tanya returned. She sat herself next to Edward as soon as I had gotten up to take care of my dishes.

I rolled my eyes. Couldn't she see that he didn't like her? I liked her but she had changed over the years. She had become even more pushy with Edward as I got older. It was almost like she was worried she was running out of time to win him over. She also seemed to grow a resentment towards me that constantly got stronger.

I cleaned my dishes and put them away. I looked back at Edward and Tanya. She was in his face and he looked annoyed.

"I am going to the living room, want to come?" I asked

"No." Tanya glared at me.

"Yes." Edward said eagerly, standing up and walking to me. I giggled which earned me another glare from Tanya.

We sat out in the living room with the rest of the family.

I listened to everyone talk about things that happened in the past and occasionally joke with each other.

"Who wants to go hunting? I'm starving" Emmett exclaimed. Everyone agreed to go except Edward.

I looked in to his dark eyes.

"You should go. It has been awhile since you have been hunting." I stated.

"I'm not going to leave you alone." He grumbled.

"She won't be alone," Tanya's voice rang from behind us, "I went hunting earlier."

"No." Edward said.

"Edward, you need to hunt. I'll be fine. I plan on going to bed anyway." I insisted.

"Fine." He sighed, standing.

I walked over to Esme and Carlisle and hugged them.

"We'll be back soon." Carlisle assured me.

"I know." I smiled.

I turned around to see Edward behind me. He pulled me into a hug, hiding his face in my hair. I felt my face start burning with a blush.

"I'll be back soon." He whispered.

"Take your time. I'm not going anywhere." I smiled.

He chuckled. He released me from the hug and I watched everyone but Tanya walk out the door. Emmett rubbed my hair on the way out.

I turned and started walking to the stairs. I tripped over my feet and caught myself on the railing.

Tanya scoffed behind me and I rolled my eyes. I trudged up the stairs and into my room. I walked into my closet and changed into long sleeved pajamas.

I walked out to see Tanya looking at a picture of me and Edward that I keep on my bedside table.

"Hey Tanya." I said walking towards her. She turned to glare at me.

"What makes you so special?" She snaped. I stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"What makes you so special to Edward? I don't understand." She snarled.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

In a flash she was in front of me. She grabbed my right shoulder and squeezed. I gasped and my knees gave out. I landed on the floor. I looked up to see Tanya glaring daggers at me.

"Stay away from Edward or I will make your life a living hell." She growled.

As if to emphasize her point, she kicked me in the left side. I cried out in pain and she grined at me.

"Do we have an understanding?" She sneared. I nodded quickly.

"Good." She pivoted and struted out of the room.

I took a moment to allow my heart to slow before standing up. I investigated my side and shoulder. Neither were broken but they were sure to have a nasty bruise tomorrow morning. It was a good thing they were covered by my shirt where they couldn't be seen.

I settled myself into bed and fell asleep thinking about how I was supposed to avoid Edward or what would happen if I didn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Oh my gosh, it has been a while since I updated. I am sorry for the wait. I have been working on this chapter for a while. It doesn't help that I got a new phone that has a terrible autocorrect. I am hoping to update sooner, but I can't promise anything.

Thanks for sticking with me. You guys are the best.

Vote
Comment
Follow