Chapter 3

"In the meantime, we need to get everything ready so we can go to Maine." Carlisle said.

We packed everything we needed into our cars. Carlisle and Esme left first in his Mercedes. Next to leave was Rosalie in her red BMW convertible. Alice left to get Bella a car seat before Bella is taken anywhere. Emmett left in his Jeep, just as Alice returned in her Porsche.

"I got the cutest one I could find." she said, handing my the seat, already assembled. "Alright, now go, I know Jasper wants to." I said. "Fine." Alice huffed, climbing into to the car. Jasper got into the other side and they were off.

I was the last one to leave, I put Bella's car seat in the backseat of my silver Volvo and went inside to get her off the couch where she was sleeping. I walked into the living room and to the couch. I looked down at Bella. She was sleeping on her side, curled into a ball. Her face was calm and peaceful, I don't want to move her. I don't want to wake her up.

I sighed. I had to meet the others in Maine. I had enough food for Bella so she wouldn't be hungry on the trip. I bent down and picked her up. She stirred a little, but stayed asleep. I moved at a human pace, to not jostle her and wake her, to my Volvo. I strapped her into her seat and gently closed the door. I ran at inhuman speed to my door and climbed in, gently closing my door also. I turned the car around and sped down the driveway.

Being a vampire, I hated driving slow, my whole family did. We always went over 100 miles per hour. Non of us have ever gotten a ticket, I can hear the thoughts of an approaching cop, while Alice sees if someone will be caught, when she does, she always calls them in time for them to slow down enough to not be in trouble. It should take us all 5 days to get to Maine, but it will only take us 2 days with ours speed.

I got on the highway and sped up to 115 miles per hour. I usually got about 125 to 130 mph, but I had Bella in my car. I have never been in an accident, but if I were to have one now, I could walk away 100% ok, but Bella would probably die.

If Bella were to die, I don't know what I would do. Like Esme and Rosalie, I felt automatically drawn to her. I wanted....no, I NEEDED to protect her. If she were to get harmed, I would be hurt too. But, if she were to die, there would be no point in existing.

I can't explain why I feel so protective of Bella. Maybe it was because she was an infant. Carlisle can probably explain.

I heard Bella start to move around in her seat. I turned back to look at her and saw she was about to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around. She found me and she grinned. I smiled back.

Alice had seen a vision of Bella being hungry on the way so she had 10 bottles prepared. I grabbed one and gave it to Bella. I expected her to not know what to do with it, since she is only a month old. Apparently, Bella is very intelligent for her age. She put the right end into her mouth and started to drink her formula.

I chuckled to myself.

**********

It has been two days of nonstop driving. Bella is asleep in her seat and we have no bottles left. Alice called and said that she would stay asleep until arrived at our house in Maine, where Esme would have a bottle ready.

I pulled into the long driveway and continued driving down the dirt path into the woods away from humans. I pulled into the garage and got out. I saw everyone's cars and knew they were all here. Esme ran out, hugged me, then went to get a hungry Bella who had just woken up, as Alice said.

I walked out of the garage and looked at the house.

It was two stories high and had window making up the first floor walls. Every room on the second floor had giant sliding glass doors to help access the forest easily. Around the house was forest, 10 miles one way to the road. Everywhere else was somewhere between 50 to 70 miles of forest to civilization. Here, we don't have to act. Here, we can be ourselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if I haven't updated in a while. This is the most detailed story I have written. I have also been working on my other stories. My other stories are called "The Lie That Is My Life", it is a mermaid story. My other one just helps with writers block. It is called music lyrics. Kind of self explaining. I won't post more until I get 10 more reads and 5 comments. I will be camping all next week and I can't bring electronics so it might be awhile till I update again. Remember to share, comment, vote, add to your library, and follow me!! :-D Stay Awesome!!!!!

~hollybean6