Chapter 8

Edward's POV

Alice's thoughts have become so annoying! All week it has been none stop screaming in her mind about Bella and her birthday. I love Bella so much, but right now, the thought of her name makes me want to scream!

'TWENTY MINUTES TO GO! THEN I CAN WAKE UP BELLA! BELLA BELLA BELLA!' Alice screamed in her mind.

"Shut up Alice." I mumbled.

She turned to me and stuck out her tongue.

"You are killing my brain." I growled.

"Alice, you can either calm down and quiet your thoughts or run off five miles away until it is time." Esme said.

"Fine." Alice said as she darted off until she was out of my hearing range.

"Thanks Esme." I said.

"You're welcome." she said. She walked over to me and hugged me. She kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked.

"Of course it was" she laughed. I rolled my eyes as she walked away.

I stood up and walked up the stairs. I turned down the hall and went into my music room.

Each of us had a room for our special activities. I had a music room, Carlisle, Jasper, and I share a library, Carlisle has an office and a newly installed personal doctor's office for Bella, Alice has a fashion studio... and a closet, Esme has a green house and an interior design studio, Jasper has a battle room, Emmett has a video game room, and Rosalie has a closet and salon.

My music room was bigger than my room but bot quite as big as Bella's. My piano was on a round platform in the center of the room. There was a system for recording my music along the right wall. There were CD racks along half of the left wall. Next to the racks was an acoustic guitar, electric guitar, violin, and various other instruments, all on stands. There was also a shelf that held my piano books, blank music sheets, and pencils.

I grabbed a few sheets of music paper and a pencil and walked over to the piano. I sat down and looked at the keys. I started testing out some note combinations. When I found something that worked out well, I wrote it down. My piano is the place where I am happy. Well, Bella makes me happier.

'Bella, Bella, Bella!' I heard Alice's thoughts get louder as she got closer. I guess it was time. I zoomed out of the room, down the stairs, and sat on the couch, passing Alice on the way.

Alice's POV

I ran up the stairs, passing Edward, and up to the third floor to Bella's room. I walked over to her crib.

"Bella," I said, lightily shaking her shoulder, "It's time to get up." She moaned and opened her eyes.

"Happy birthday." I said. She started smiling an almost toothless smile.

I picked her up and walked over to her closet. I walked over to the pink dresses. She started squirming and groaning.

"Fine" I said.

I walked over to the other dresses and pulled out a white dress with dark blue polka dots on the skirt. It had dark and light blue flowers on the bodice and light blue spaghetti straps, It had a thin light blue ribbon along the bottom and top edge.

Bella smiled and clapped her hands.

"I guess this is the one." I said.

I carried her over to her changing table, changed her dipper, and put on her dress. I picked her up and carried her down the stairs to the rest of the family. As soon as she saw Edward she started leaning towards him and trying to get out of my arms and over to him.