Jasmine & Jacob| Chapter 13

Jasmine & Jacob | Chapter 13

When we arrive back in Connecticut. It was night. The sky was dark and soothing. The breeze was calm.  When we reach the lobby we saw Jacobs mother and Mr. Duncan waiting on us. We quickly walk over to them when Jacobs mother grasp us into a big hug. While we smile towards Mr. Duncan who nods his head quietly.

“Hi mom, what’s the emergency?” asked Jacob

“We can’t talk now, or here, we will talk in the morning” she said rubbing Jacob’s hand up and down.

“Why not now?” asked Jacob curious.

“Jacob come on I need to rest I hardly get any sleep on the ride back here” I said looking him

“Ok, fine we will talk tomorrow first thing, let’s get home.” He said with his arms around me.

“Um…” she said as she was cut off by a young man dress in a plain blue shirt and khaki shorts.

“Thanks Dean” she said taking a key from him and watches him walk off.

“Um…. You guys will be sleeping at my old cabin tonight on the other side of town.”

“What!” said Jacob. I was surprise too but I wasn’t the person who asks a lot of questions there got to be a good reason to this.

“Honey it’s for Jasmine safely also Sabrina’s”

“What! Mom” said Jacob looking at me.

“Jacob Jackson do not test me” she said as she walk off with Mr. Duncan behind as we follow behind them.

********

I enter the lighted painted living room. It was elegant and simple nothing fussy but any poor kid would say Jacob house was a mansion. They had nineteen bedroom and two guest rooms which is twenty rooms in all including the bathroom and the games room. There was a big gold frame with a photograph of everyone who lives in this house. Mr. Jackson make it is job to change it every time when someone joins us. I bet he’s planning on changing it by the end of the month now that Sabrina was with us.

Every time I think about Sabrina tears always fill my eyes, trying to understand why someone would abandon such a beautiful a girl. But they did? I thought. She had jet black hair that was at the nape of her neck and bright black eyes and small painted lips and a dimple in her left cheeks. She was one of a kind. When she smiles her eyes sparkle and flashes twice it was funny to watch her. Especially when she’s playing with Amber and Alex her new brother and sister.

“Hey Jas” said Kayla place a tray of cookie and milk on the table, while everyone else glance around.

“You pretty?” asked Lela

“Thanks” I said while placing my bag on the couch

“Aunty!” shouted Amber same time Sabrina and Alex look towards me and they all ran to me clustering against my foot.

I kneel down and cluster them all in a big hug kissing them each on the head.

“Aunty we made Sabrina swim in the water with us because she couldn’t sleep.

“Aw... I guess she miss me” I said hugging them lightly as Sabrina Jump and claps her legs around as much as her tiny feet  could reach. I smile at her.

“Are you going away again mom?” she asked

“No she’s not she’s going to play with us today” said amber sitting on my lap and I finally sat down on the comfy carpet.