xiv. their almost first time

elizabeth valentine sat on montgomery's bed, more nervous than she'd ever been in her entire life. she tapped her fingers against her bare thigh, unable to stop imagining the worst case scenarios.

montgomery's parents and sister went down to the lake for the weekend, and montgomery had told elle where they keep their extra key.

she thoughts were stopped when she heard the door downstairs open, and she heard someone coming up the stairs. the door to monty's room opened and she stood up.

montgomery's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked around his room, seeing candles that were lit. his eyes traveled to elle, who was standing in front of him wearing one of his plaid shirts that was too big for her.

he dropped his gym bag on the floor next to the door, and he closed his door, locking it as well.
"elle, what are you doing?" monty asked.

"we've been dating for three months, monty. you've never mentioned sex once." elle stated. she knew that she was in love with montgomery and she wanted to prove her love to him.

"because you're a virgin, elle." monty stated. he didn't want to be the one to take her virginity. he didn't feel that he was good enough to have sex with her. he didn't even feel that he was good enough to be with her in general.

"i don't want to be." she responded, causing monty to raise an eyebrow. he walked over to her and rested his hands upon her waist. he looked into her green eyes.

"elle, are you sure that you want me to be your first time?" he asked in a hushed tone, hoping that she'd reconsider.
"monty, you're the person i want to grow old with. of course i want you to be my first time." she whispered.

monty's eyes widened at her confession. she wanted to live the rest of her life with him? montgomery de la cruz?
elle's lips found their way to monty's, and all he could do was kiss back.

he had fallen hopelessly in love with the angel that was elizabeth valentine. monty's hands pulled elizabeth closer as the two ended up on his bed.

montgomery's hands fumbled with the buttons of his shirt that was being worn by elizabeth. why was he so nervous all of a sudden?

elle watched him mess with the buttons and she smiled before helping him take the plaid shirt off of her body. montgomery's lips pressed against her neck, but only briefly due to elle pulling off monty's shirt.

all of their clothes ended up on the floor until they were both half naked. monty's body was situated under elle's as they stared at each other.

elle trailed her lips down montgomery's neck, and he just began to mumble stuff out as elle's lips kissed monty's collarbone. the two reversed positions and elle was under montgomery.

he kissed her, and his hand gripped her thigh. montgomery was a nervous wreck, but he continued to ramble on to the girl.
"fuck, i love you, elle." he whispered, causing her eyes to widen.

she lightly pushed monty off of her. he rested his back against his headboard, breathing unevenly.
"what did you just say?" she asked. monty began to think. what did he say? then he remembered that he told her that he loved her.

"i-i love you." monty said, running his fingers through his dishevelled hair. elle looked at him. she always thought that she'd be the one to say it first.
"i love you too," she stated, and then looked at all of the clothes that they had lost on the floor.

"montgomery?" she questioned and he looked at her.
"what's up?" monty responded, waiting for her to talk.

"can we just talk? i don't want to have sex. at least, not right now." she said. monty smiled and brought his girlfriend closer.

"yes, we can just talk." he grinned, pressing a kiss to her temple.

---
i love elle and monty wow