x. she meets his parents

montgomery was a nervous mess as he sat on his couch, waiting for the doorbell to ring. his parents wanted to meet elizabeth, and he was genuinely terrified.

"montgomery, calm down. if she's as good as you say she is, then i'll like her." his mom said. it wasn't his mother that he was worried about, it was his father and his little sister that he was worried about.

his sister was the spawn of satan, more or less, and he knew that she'd hate elizabeth for no particular reason. his father, on the other hand, was judgemental and only liked a small number of people.

the door bell rang, causing monty to shoot up and rush to it. he opened the door, seeing elizabeth. she looked beautiful, even though she wasn't wearing anything over the top fancy, she looked beautiful.

"hey." she smiled up at him.
"i didn't think that it was possible, but you look more beautiful than usual." monty complimented and opened the door wider, allowing her to come into the house.

elle leaned up, pressing a kiss to monty's lips, and his hands left the door to fall onto her waist.
"ew!" the two heard, causing them to pull apart.

elle looked down, seeing montgomery's sister. she looked no older than eight.
"elle, this is maria, my little sister. maria, this is my girlfriend. be nice." montgomery commanded the little girl.

elle heard footsteps, and soon monty's mother and father were standing in front of them.

"mom, dad, this is elizabeth. elizabeth, this is william and iris, my mom and dad." monty introduced.

elle's hand reached out, shaking iris's hand first and then william's.
"you can call me elle. everyone usually does." she smiled. monty's mother nodded and gave her a warm smile.

"well, we should start dinner or else the food will get cold." montgomery's father stated.

•••

monty's hand didn't leave its place on top of elle's once during the dinner. elle knew that this was important to him.
"and elle, do you know what you want to do after high school?" william asked.

elle nodded and she began to describe her desired career.
"when i was a kid, my dad would always let me help with his design projects and i was pretty good at it. soon, i fell in love with graphic design." elle smiled, thinking of her childhood memories.

"elle's pretty smart too. she's third in our class, and her gpa is a four point three." monty bragged on his girlfriend. monty's parents were definitely taking a liking to elle valentine. they thought that she was better than any girlfriend monty had brought home before.

"tell us more about your family, elle." iris grinned. monty looked over at his sister, seeing that she was definitely getting bored of hearing all of this talking.

"well, its just me, my mom, and my sister. we moved from chicago because well, my dad was cheating on my mom. my sister is a senior, she's most likely going to be the valedictorian. she plays lacrosse. sports aren't really my thing, but i'm more into clubs. my mom's a doctor, so usually its just me and my sister." elle shrugged, looking up at monty's parents.

"well, monty never stops talking about you. he talks about you like you put the stars in the night sky, and now i understand. we think that you're a great person for montgomery. maybe he'll stop fighting." iris said, giving her son a look.

"okay, changing the subject, mom! elle, i can walk you to your car." monty looked at his girlfriend. elle nodded and the two left the table, walking through the front door.

elle reached her car and she leaned against it.
"monty, your family is so nice." elle smiled at him. monty shook his head.

"wait until maria gets to know you." monty stated and he leaned forward to kiss elizabeth. she wrapped her arms around monty's neck, leaning into the kiss. montgomery's hands pulled her closer to him as their kiss continued.

"montgomery! stop attacking that poor girl with your mouth!" monty's mother scolded. monty pulled away from elle and looked into her green eyes.

"goodnight, beautiful." he smiled. elle gave him one more swift, blissful kiss.
"goodnight." she said and he opened her car door for her.

it wasn't until he watched her car drive off that he realized.

"i love her." he whispered to himself.

---
word of the chapter: beautiful, kiss

MONTY AND ELLE GIVE ME SO MANY FEELS