iv. elizabeth falls in love

elizabeth stood next to the wall, taking sips of her punch that was definitely spiked by the mischevious jocks at her school.

elizabeth was certainly a wallflower. she always preferred to watch from the sidelines.
"elle?" she heard next to her. turning her head, she saw her close friend, jeff, walking towards her.

"hey, j." she smiled at him.
"so you're telling me that you bought this beautiful dress to stand against the wall?" jeff asked. elle brought her cup to her lips as she started to drink the punch again.

"i'm fine, jeff. i just don't like dancing." she shrugged. jeff shook his head.
"are you sure? i can dance with you if you'd like." jeff offered. elle shook her head.

"no, j. you have catherine! go have fun!" she dismissed him, and he nodded before leaving her along the sidelines of the gym.

the song changed and she sighed when she realized that it was a slow song. all of the couples got together and started dancing.

the only reason elizabeth went to the dance was to see all of her hard work finally pay off. she felt someone tap her shoulder, causing her to look, seeing montgomery.

"hey." monty said, unsure of how to ask the beautiful girl if she wanted to dance with him.
"hi, montgomery. what's up?" she asked, smiling up at him.

whenever he was around, she became happier, for some reason.
"do you want to dance with me? its okay if you don't but i just saw that you didn't have a date and you were ju-" elizabeth stopped monty's rambling.

"i'd love to dance with you, montgomery." she nodded, causing him to smile. the two walked over onto the dance floor. monty's hands traveled to her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

monty didn't care if his friends saw him. he just wanted her. right there, right then.
"you look gorgeous." he said. and he meant it.

her dress looked like it was made for her. she wore the dress with such grace and beauty. monty couldn't see under the colored lights, but his compliment made elle blush uncontrollably.

"thank you, monty." she said. just hearing her say his name made him smile. he wanted to kiss her. so, so bad. he wanted her.

elle's eyes glanced at each of monty's features. she didn't want to like him, but she did. her promises to herself were slowly breaking, one at a time.

as the two swayed with the music, they were unaware of montgomery's friends watching them from across the gym.

"who is she?" justin foley asked, his arm around jessica davis, his new girlfriend.
"i don't know, but whoever she is, she's hot." bryce walker said, causing zach and justin to roll their eyes.

"her name's elle valentine. she's in my english class. she's crazy smart too, her sister is a senior. but god, they have major daddy issues." zach said. bryce, justin, and jessica stared at him.

"how the fuck do you know all of this?" bryce asked, confused.
"in english, we had to write a paper about ourselves and i had to review hers." zach said.

"i think we should introduce ourselves to elle since monty won't introduce us." justin suggested, beginning to conspire a plan.

elle smiled as monty twirled her around. for once in her life, she felt like a real princess. and it was monty that made her feel that way. she could tell that he respected her.

when the night came to an end and montgomery walked elle to her car, they both stood in front of her car.

"thank you for a great night." she said.
"i should be thanking you." he smiled.

elle stepped closer to monty and she leaned up on her tippy toes. he thought that she was going in for a kiss. monty's breath got hitched in his throat as his nerves went wild.

elle's lips pressed a kiss to montgomery's cheek, leaving a lip print from her red lipstick.

the two said their goodbyes for the night and elle got into her car. she leaned her head against the headrest of her seat.

her smile would not budge from her lips.
"i'm falling in love with montgomery de la cruz." she whispered to herself.

--
word of the chapter: dance