Lurking Around Corners End [9]*

*****

Recap

"Right so it's sweet cheeks got it. So what do you want me to do?" he said while grabbing the sheet from my hands.

"It's S-K-Y-L-A-R." I spelled out for him. "You can start to mix all the ingredients together" And that's how it was for the rest of the lesson.

Finally the bell rang and we sorta had an pineapple turnover. I grabbed my stuff and went to walk out of the room. When my hand was pulled back and I was turned to face Shadow.

"I just wanted to tell you something" He was smirking again.

"And what is that" I was really bored and wanted to get home.

"See you tomorrow sweet cheeks" And he walked away.

Grr he is really getting on my nerves and it's only his first day.

*****

                                                                                                            Zane --------------------->

Chapter 9

Skylar's POV

"Shane! Shane! SHANE! Get your but out of bed. You’re giving me a lift to school today. And if you don't move were going to be late" My hand was now hurting from where I was banging on his door. He's a pain in the bum of a brother. This is why I love Bobby the most.

I walked down the stairs my heels of my boots clicking on the wooden floor. Heading into the living room grabbing my phone out of my pocket and texting Eva and Danny that were going to be late picking them up due to Shane's laziness.

Not long after Shane came bounding down the stairs, with his keys clanging together, and not a second later he had grabbed me pulling me into the car. Once I ordered Shane to drive to Danny's and Eva's houses and him grumbling at me under his breath.

We pull up to Eva's house because she lives’ close to us, only to find Danny was with her. One less stop to get to then.

Once everyone was in and buckled up, Shane pulled out and started the five minute drive to school. Yes we are that lazy, that we are not walking from here.

"So what was the reason why we’re going to be late today?" Question Eva who was wearing, jean shorts which came to about mid-thigh and a black vest top and a jacket over the top. Unlike me who was wearing grey jeans, with a burgundy coloured top with a cream cardigan to match.

"Well Shane is once again the reason behind our lateness." I dramatically swished my head over into his direction to look at him.

"Oh shut up, were here any way" And he was right, we were pulling into the schools parking lot, there were a few people dotted around the place. Clearly we weren't the only ones late today.

After we had parked up and got the car park was empty. Great. I walked up the stairs biting my lip with the others a couple of steps behind me.

Across the room from me was the receptionist, typing away on her computer, but soon looked up when she saw us lot standing there waiting for her to stop. The only thing she said to us was "You late. Go in to see the headmaster, he'll give you your detention." This day's getting better, I thought sarcastically.

When we got to the room a tall lanky boy, with his hair covering his face walked out this a detention slip in his hand. "In you come" Huh? Danny then knocked my shoulder with his arm motioning for me to go in. The headmaster’s room was light brown colour. Eww. There was a metal desk with two metal chairs in front, while the head Mr. Swan sat in a soft leather chair. "Take a seat where you can, right names please"

"Daniel Richards, Sir..." Danny said with a sigh, like he's had to do this before. Well he has.

"Skylar White, Sir" I said while still biting my lip.

"Shane White, of course Sir" Shane had a bored expression but still managed to pull off a smirk, due to the fact the teacher had asked his name even though this is where Shane spends his school days.

"Evangeline Reece" Mr. Swan nodded his head while he finished filling out our detention slips.

Not a couple of minutes later he handed then to Danny and gestured us to leave.

*****

It's the end of the day and me and Eva are on our way to detention, once again. Today we have detention with the art teacher, well apart from Shane who has to go to the cookery rooms, cause apparently him and the art teacher Miss. Flowers - yes flowers - had a little spat this morning and he got moved. So as far as I know it’s me, Eva, and Danny.

When we got to the room there were few students dotted around the room. When Miss. Flowers saw us as she was halfway through giving everyone jobs to be done. "Ah Miss. Reece now you are here you can help Mr. Richards with getting the chewing gum from under the tables" And with that, and a scrunched up face Eva scurried of to where Danny was crouched under the table. Eww. "Now you Miss. White can go into the supply cupboard and help Mr. Rosethorn tidy and organise it". There am thinking that Eva had it bad.

I walked over to the cupboard dumping my bag on the floor, and not having to guess which Rosethorn it was. There he is smirking away Shadow.

"Well, well, well look who my detention buddy is. Hey sweet cheeks, how's it going?" He smirked while chucking me a box to put back on the shelf.

"Well you know I great till I came to detention to find someone incredibly annoying there" Grabbing another box and putting it on the floor to sort out the paper inside.

Of course Shadow had to bend down with me to watch what I was doing. "So who would this incredibly annoying person you’re in detention with?" Shadow now picked up the now tidy box to only replace it with another.

"Oh it's no one really, well not of importance anyway"

"You know that you can't run from me, so why complain that I'm here?" Came his cocky reply.

"Whoever said that it was you?"

"You didn't need to" With that he turned around and continued working. Which we both did for the rest of the detention, in silence.

*****

"Right you lot get lost, time to go home" Miss. Flowers said while ushering us out of the room. "Oh and Mr. Rosethorn I would like to speak to you please.

When I got out the room with Danny and Eva all I could hear was them to complaining how sticky their hands were from getting the chewing gum of. Throwing my bag into Shane's car, I turned around to see one of the Rosethorn's staring straight at me. Huh 'What's wrong with that family and staring' I thought, hopping into the car.

**************************************************************************************************************

WOW! Like a whole two months since I uploaded. That's kinda bad... I'm sorry