Lurking Around Corners End [13]

*****

*Recap

Slowly but steadly we made our way home. Grabbing the key off Eva and putting it in the lock.

"Thanks for -" Then she was asleep.

Yer thanks for falling asleep I thing with a eye roll.

Getting my phone out of my bag and sending Shane a quick text saying that I was just leaving.

With that I left the house and made my way home.

*****

*to be in italics

Chapter 13

Skylar's POV

Walking down deserted streets late at night on my own is really not my favourite thing to do...

I could hear the sound of my heals clicking against the rugged pavement. The sound of a car passing every know and then, with a late night driver.

The street lights along the road to my house are not very good, seeing as in this very moment in time they are flickering. Causing a large amount of lack of light in the road.

Wrapping my coat tighter around myself and there was a big gust of icy cold wind. Causing my hair to fly around in all directions. Raising my hand to attempted to flatten it out, my attempt failed. Miserably.

Looking up ahead of me to see the road to my right a few feet ahead of me.

Walking around the corner to see that this road is just as dark as the one before. Just as I was about to take another step forward I was pushed up against the nearest wall.

My natural human instincts kicked causing a scream to make its way up my throat and out, not long after I released my scream a hand came down over my mouth, making the scream to come out like a muffled cry. So I did the next best thing and lifted my knee up only for it to be stopped my this persons other hand. Damn! What am I gonna to know!

I was interpreted from my thinking when a warm breath was blowing on my neck, causing me to freeze. At fear of what he was going to do.

All of a sudden I could feel who ever is was scrap there teeth against my neck, then bit down on the area between my neck and collar bone. I could feel the teeth elongate and then everything went black...

Unknown POV

Hunger. Hunger. Food. Hunger. Hunt. Can't. Resist. Resist. Hunger. Resist.

Ah I can't take this anymore. I know I need to stop with the constant hunting, I need to learn how to make my food last longer. But it's so hard. How can my family and my twin brother do this? It's so hard.

Breath in, breath out. You don't need to feed, you just like the thrill of hunting that's all. Breath in, breath out.

Damn! How am I going to last at this human school? All the blood. Hunger. Food. Hunt. Feed. Snap out of it, I thought while hitting myself on the head repeatedly.

Where am I? Looking around to see that I was in a road a couple of roads away from my house, huh. Oh well.

I made my way down the road trying to calm my hunger. When I herd clicking of heals and a beating heart.

Beating Heart. Hunger. Food. Feed. Hunt. No! Stop!

The smell of the person wafted around the corner. Looking up to see a girl, she looked familiar. She must be from the school.

Then all of a sudden I had her up against the grimy, grubby wall. Breathing in her sent.

A piercing scream filled my ears, looking at the girl in front of me to see it was her, so I placed my hand over her mouth to stop her, only for it to come out all muffled by my hand.

By looking in here eyes I could tell what she was gonna do! Just as she lifts her knee I put my hand on it to stop her.

I couldn't help myself as I lowered my head to her neck, my warm breath blowing across her neck.

I started to scrap my teeth across her neck, and with out thinking I bit down into her neck. Then I felt my teeth elongate, as I started to feed.

I don't know how long I was feeding for but when I realise that the girl was no longer awake.

Realising what I had done looking at her to she that she had gone deathly pail, then with not a lot of thinking on my part I bit my wrist and fed her my blood. Then ran.

************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the short chapter!