Lurking Around Corners End [11]*

*****

Recap

Me and Tyler walked into the very busy and noisy lunch room and queued up for our food.

While we were queuing I could feel someone staring at me, I turned around to see who it was but saw no one there.

“You okay Sky?”

“Yer I’m fine”

“Are you sure?”

“Yer thanks” I smiled to let him know I was okay. When I really think they weren’t.

*****

                                                                                      Blaze------------------------------->

Chapter 11

Skylar’s POV

                “Are you sure that you’re okay Sky?” Worried Tyler.  He’s been asking me that after my little instant at lunch. Of course I said nothing, I’m not sure but I feel as if I can completely trust him.

“Yes of course I am”

“Well your acting weird”

“I’m fine”

I hurried up my pace to Shane’s car, upon seeing him waiting for me.  Eva and Danny decided to walk home, so it was just us.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Tyler” With one final smile I walked over to the car and hopped in.

“What’s up with him? He’s being all stalker like” He said over the roar of the car’s engine starting up.

“Nothing he thinks there’s something wrong with me”

“And is there?” He looked at me from corner of his eye.

“No” Lie!

The ride home was rather quiet apart from the odd comment here and there. I also found out that we’ll be looking after Bobbie tonight, seeing as mum and dad are working late as always and our nan can’t look after him tonight.

Jumping out of the car, unlocking the door and throwing my bag to the floor seeing the note which had been left on the table, which was telling us that Bobbie was next door till we got back from school. I then headed back out the door passing Shane on the way out, with him giving me a confused look but didn’t try to stop me. Walking over to the door and knocking.

“Hi Mrs Pierce, I’m here to pick Bobbie up” The elderly woman just gave me a warm welcoming smile mumbling a ‘one minuet’ and walked back in, only to return a few minutes later with Bobbie.

“I’ll see you late Bobbie dear, it’s good to see you Skylar. Be good!” Mrs Pierce waved us off.

“You too Mrs Pierce, and thank you for looking after Bobbie for us. Also of course I’ll be good its Shane you have to be saying that too”

“Bye, bye Mrs Pierce!” Spoke Bobbie and waving hugely.

“Good bye Bobbie” With that she closed the door.

Holding Bobbie’s hand we walked back to our house to find Shane on the phone. When he saw us walk through the door Shane waved a Chinese take away menu at us.

Yum Chinese for dinner.

“Sky, mummy said that were not allowed take away on a weekday” A little frown crossed the top of his head.

“Well she’s right, but mummy isn’t here at the moment so if she doesn’t know she can’t tell us off. Can she?” Reasoned Shane who had just got off the phone.

“Well no, so it’s a secret shhh!” Bobbie just giggle ran over to the TV.

“Dinner will be here in 15 minutes” Shouted Shane while making his way up the stairs.

“Why are you telling me?” I simply replied.

“I’m having a shower and I might not be there to get it. Money is in my wallet”

Nice I picked up my bag and sat down next to Bobbie who was watching a kids show on the TV. I pulled out my homework and started working on that. A few seconds later I heard the shower going.

Suddenly the doorbell rang making me up.

“Foods here shhh” Giggled Bobbie. Shaking my head and walking over to the door. And paying the delivery boy and heading into the kitchen and serving up Bobbie’s food.

A couple of minutes later Shane had come down and was helping himself to the food.

“Where’s my £20?”

“Huh what are you talking about?” I quickly diverted my eyes away from him.

“Skyyy where is it?” He’s not going to give up anytime soon is he? Only a couple of seconds later I had a face full of noodles. Looking up to look at Shane to see him to trying to stop his smirk.

“Did you just throw noodles at me?”

“No, now why would I do that?”

And with that I threw rice at him only for him to throw more food back at me.

This carried on for about half an hour of us throwing food at each other, then Bobbie joining in on it not long after ended up in being a huge mess.

 “Euh this is such a mess!”  I exclaimed.

“I know it’s going to take us ages to clean all of this up, you go and give Bobbie a bath and I’ll make a start on down here.”

“Okay, come on Bobbie bath time” I took hold of his hand and walked him upstairs to give him his bath.

Once I had finished giving Bobbie his bath I put him to bed and started getting to work on cleaning the house with Shane.

By the time we had both finished with the house it was 3:14 in the morning. Our parents still hadn’t come home yet, but I was too tired to car at the moment and headed straight to bed.

*****

“Move!” I shouted as I ran past someone who was in my way. Then sped up my running to make sure that I get to school on time. Seeing as I didn’t get to bed till late last night and Shane had got up and left without me, that and I forgot my skateboard I am now running to school. Which isn’t easy with people in the way?

Rounding the corner I can up to the school gates and slowing my pace to a walk so I could catch my breath, I didn’t see who was in front of me and walked into then.

“Thanks for that Sky”

Looking up to see Eva standing there glaring at me.

“Your so lucky I have something exiting to tell you right now” Eva said while practically jumping up and down on the spot.

“Which is?”

“Oh right me got invited to a party to night at Donny’s house at 9. Are you in?”

“Yer go on, I’ll text Shane”

“Come on let’s get to class, then the sooner we can go to this party” While slinging her arm around my shoulder. “You can come over to my house after school to get ready if you want”

“Yer I will thanks”

**********************************************************************