Chapter 27

I sat in front of the mirror,  putting on the last bit of my purple eyeshadow,  before the big event tonight.  I let the brush dance across my eyelid again,  before putting everything back where it was,  and standing up so I could veiw and judge my full atire in the mirror. 

My dark hair was in a soft braid,  that went up in to a slightly messy updo.  Tiny curls hung from the opdo,  framing my face  and completing the style.  My makeup was simple yet elegant with dark smokey eyes  and light peach,  almost orange lips.  I wore the beautiful purpel dress I bought a few weeks ago at the store,  along with the sparkly shoes. 

I had to say it didn't look all that bad,  underneath I wore black skeepants that usually went down to my ankle,  but I rolled it up so it couldn't be seen.  Just incase I had to get my game on.

I liked how I looked,  but there was just something that was off.  I kicked off the shoes,  Much better,  l thought.

I ramaged through my closet searching for shoes that would be good enough to replace the beautiful, yet painful heels.  I searched,  and eventually found my black,  hightop  Convese.

"Victory! !" l shouted to no one in particular. 

I quickly sliped in the shoes and viewed myself in the mirror again.

Not bad!  l thought,  if you didn't look extremely close,  one would never have guessed that I was not wearing my heels. 

I didn't wear much jewelery,  since I am not a big fan of jewels.  I wore a thin silver chain with small diamonds around my neck,  and around my arm,  was a bracelet with a similar design.

.

.

.

lt was still early and there was about half an hour,  before Kyle came to pick me up so,  we could head off to the ball. 

Though l was pretty sure Laurel would also stop by she said maybe she and Jay were comming and we could go as a type of group thing. 

l stood in the kitchen switchig my weight from one foot to the other,  glancing at the clock,  there was still quite some time left.  What to do,  what to do?

I checked Laurels surveilance camera through my phone,  yep she's still getting ready.  Everything else seems to be in order,  so suspicious vehicles or anything. 

I let out a sigh and glanced at the clock again.  Still 25 minutes left.  I straightened up and headed over to the grand piano,  it has been quite some time since I have played. 

I sat down on the chair,  carefull not to wrinkle or fold the dress or do anything that might ruin it. I lightly placed my fingers on the keys and without thinking l started to play,  my fingers following their own accord.  l didn't recognise the melody,  since l just played it from the top of my head,  but it was sad and it was sweet. 

l closes my eyes as l enjoyed the music l created,  letting the melody wash over my soul,  my stress pouring into the music,  relieving the tense feling  l didn't even notice was there untill now.  The music rang through the empty house and l hummed along with the tune. ...

A harsh knocking ripped me back to reality . I lifted my hands from the piano and looked up at the clock on the wall .  It was ten minutes after I was expecting Laurel . 

I got up and quickly hurried to the door . I was met by the sight of a slightly irritated Laurel , and an ammused looking Jay .

"Gosh Rowan , I almost thought you were dead or something ! " she exclaimed and immediately enveloped me in a hug .