Chapter 3 (pic of Ryder)

Pic of Ryder to the side!!

Ryder’s POV

Lance and I sat under the tree behind my house, waiting for school to end so we’d be able to actually go in without my mom giving us the third degree and wondering why we were home so early. Lance thought we should risk it, saying that my mom was cool and wouldn’t care. He’s so stupid sometimes. She’s a mother and her son just skipped the last two hours of school. In what world would she be ‘cool’ with it? I’m almost certain he just wanted to see me get lectured and probably smacked in the back of the head. I’m sure I’d get hit. She’s a girl and that’s what they do when their mad.

“What time is it now?” I asked Lance, who rolled his eyes.

 “I really don’t know why you keep asking me. I don’t have a watch. I don’t have a phone because my dad took it away from me because someone who I won’t name, RYDER, thought it would be funny to prank call my dad five times from my phone at three in the morning!”

I smiled guiltily and leaned my head back against the tree. “Dude, if you wouldn’t have left it at my house then that wouldn’t have happened.” I shrugged my shoulders at him and dug my own phone out of my pocket. “Close enough.” I told him as I stood. I grabbed his out stretched hand and pulled him up next to me.

We walked towards my house and entered through the back door, going down the hall and straight to the kitchen. “Food!” I yelled out and sprinted to the cabinet. I grab a bag of chips and a soda from the fridge before sitting down at the table and digging in.

A coughing had me glancing up and I stared at Lance, “What?” I mumbled with a mouth full of chips.

“I’m thirsty.” He stated, eyeing my drink and I quickly set it on the other side of me, away from his reach.

“Get your own.”

“Ryyyyyderrrr.” He whined. “Pwease can I have a drink.” Ugh the puppy look! I won’t look…I won’t look…I won’t look…damn! I’m such a sucker!

I grunted and slid the drink back over to him. Stupid look. Stupid Lance for having a stupid look that makes me do whatever he wants. IT’S NOT FAIR! WHY CAN’T MY LOOK EVER DO THAT?! The last time I tried he snorted at me and walked away like it was the easiest thing in the world! If I tried walking away from him then I’d start seeing his look in my head and end up giving in. Ugh! I disgust myself! I’m so weak and he knows it!

“What kind of best friend uses his powers for evil?” I yelled at him while grabbing my bag of chips and yanking MY drink out of his grasp before stomping to my room. Hah! Now he can get his own! The lazy ass!

Just as I lay on my bed, Lance was running through the door and my eyes widened in horror when I saw him leap across the room, heading straight for me. “Don’t-ugh! Get your fat self off of me!” I yelled out, struggling to wiggle my way out from under Lance’s fat.

“Fat? Are you calling me fat? Does this feel like fat?” He leaned up until he was straddling my waist and started to bounce up and down.

I groaned from the pressure on my stomach and was able to scoot up a few inches. I sighed when the pressure was gone but then started to blush when I felt his weight on a whole new part of my body. A more awkward part! Shit, I really didn’t think that one through…

“Uh, Lance.” I mumbled as he continued to bounce up and down, in his own little world. “Baseball, mud, blood, old people, wrinkles, skittles, rainbows, death….”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Lance stopped and stared down at me in confusion and I blushed harder. “Why are you blushing?”

“Uh, no reason.” I avoided his gaze as I lay under him. “So, how about that weather…” I trailed off, laughing slightly. Fuck! Stop being a girl Ryder and quit blushing already! Jesus! There is something wrong with me! Wait…no! There’s something wrong with Lance. Yeah, this is his entire fault! He’s the one that is still sitting on me! “So you going to move?”