Chapter 1

Ryder’s POV

“Yay! A new school year!” I shouted as I walked through the double doors that led to a hall lined with lockers on either side. I grinned over at my best friend who was currently walking next to me with a look of disbelief on his face. I held back my laugh at his expression and turned mine serious. “What? You’re not happy that we’re back at school? I figured you of all people would be jumping for joy at the prospect of all that new learning.”

Lance stopped in the middle of the hall, not caring that he just held up a line of people behind him.  “Who the hell are you?” He grabbed my shoulders and started to shake them hard. “Give me my friend back!” He yelled into my ear.

I groaned, “Hey! No man handling the merchandise before you pay!” I yelled back at him and tugged my shoulder out of his grasp. I gave him a wink as I straightened out my clothes. “Now if you want to buy then I can give you ten minutes in the supply closet.” I wiggled my eyebrows up and down a little, to get the point across.

He pretended to think for a moment then dug into his jeans pocket, pulling out a penny. “Do you have change for this?” He held the penny out to me and I pouted.

“Damn it! No, I don’t!” I wiped a fake tear from my face and sniffled a few times. “I was really horny to. FUCK MY LIFE!” I screamed the last part, my arms thrown up into the air.

“Ryder! Detention!”

My head snapped to the side and I smirked at the person standing at the door to an open classroom. “Ah, nice to see you again Mrs. Newgurt. Did you miss me so much that you needed extra time with me after school to catch up?” I turned to Lance and raised one eyebrow. “Isn’t that just the sweetest thing you’ve ever heard?”

Lance nodded in all seriousness, “So sweet it gives me a toothache. Hey Mrs. Newfurt, did you miss me to?” He turned innocent eyes on our now scowling teacher.

“It’s Mr. Newburt and you know it! I would have thought you two boys would have matured over the summer but apparently we weren’t that lucky.” The man scowled harder at us for a few more moments before turning to the classroom and walking away mumbling to himself.

“I think he’s on PMS.” I laughed.

“I think he just said that he hopes to god we’re not in his class this year.” Lance took out his schedule from his back pocket and looked it over, a grin coming to his face. “Last period.”

“Sweet.” I grinned, already thinking of all of the things we could do to him this year. It’s going to be great. That man will wish he’d never stepped foot in this school by the time we’re done with him.

“We only have five classes together.” Lance pouted, sticking his bottom lip out and crossing his arms.

“Awe, don’t do the puppy look. You know you’re too cute when you do that!” I shoved him into the person walking next to us and ignored the girl’s huff. “You’re going to make me break into the computers and change my schedule if you keep doing that.”

Lance increased the ‘look’ and I sighed to myself. “Fine. Fine. I’ll try to do it during study hall.” I rolled my eyes at him as his puppy look instantly turned into a smug grin. Gah! Why does this boy have such an effect on me?! It’s like I can’t tell him no! Not that I have ever actually wanted to tell him no on anything but still, he’s so manipulating sometimes!

“You love me.” Lance shrugged and we came to a stop at our shared locker. We actually have our own personal lockers but we’ve been sharing since middle school. After the first week of seventh grade we figured it’s just easier to share since we’re always together anyways. It saves us quite a bit of time and more time means more minutes to torture teachers.