Chapter 8: The date

2 hours left. Eeek! I don't even know what's gonna happen. What if I say something wrong, what if I start singing Steven Universe on the way there? No, I can do this. But before he comes I have to get something out if my system.

"We, are the crystal gems!
We'll always save the day,
And if you think we can't,
We'll always find a way.

That's why the people of this world believe in:
Garnet
Amethyst
And Pearl

And Steven!"

I've been watching that show too much recently. Well that's not the point. But I know how I'm spending my next 2 hours. Staring out of my window, searching for Shiro, and playing Steven Universe songs really loudly. "KASUMI TURN THAT DOWN OR I'M GONNA COME INTO THAT ROOM AND THROW YOUR PHONE OUT THE WINDOW!" Mori shouts. Ugh. I plug in my headphones despite the temptation to turn the music up louder and continue my search for my senpai.

"Kasumi Chan, what are you doing?" A familiar voice asks. I look out the window and Shiro is there. "Wait! What? How long have you been here?" I ask, turning off my music. "Long enough to hear you singing Steven Universe," he replies, "Personally, I really like that show." Good. I run downstairs and open the door. "I like your outfit," he says, acknowledging my Steven Universe top, black choker and Ravenclaw socks. "Well, it's not like I was trying to dress up for you baka baka shi," I reply, beckoning him indoors.

I put on my shoes, so I don't have to when we go, and grab my hoodie. "What do you wanna do? We have like half an hour until we need t-" mum pushes me to the floor, "Ow! Mum what the hell was that for?" I say getting up off the floor.

Mum takes Shiros's hands and says, "I'd like to thank you for helping my girl with the groceries, she really needs a man in her life. She's lost at least ele-" I punch mum in the nose and murmur, "We talked about this mum." "Sorry sweetie," she continues, whilst I push her away.

"Sorry about that."
"It's ok, what do you want to do?"
"Umm," I go red, I want to do something really nerdy.
"What is it?"
"C-can we watch Steven Universe?" I ask.
"Of course!"
Oh my Yamato, he said yes. He doesn't think I'm a nerd. Just another reason for me to love him. "Well, either way, yes or no, I would have watched it," probably the most true tsundere comment yet.

We head to my room and watch the three new episodes of Steven Universe. "Kasumi, take your boyfriend down here now, we have to go!" Mum shouts. "WE ARE NOT BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND!" I reply furiously.

Shiro laughs and we walk downstairs. We get in the car and on the way mum lets us buy some sweets. We choose: Jolly Ranchers, Haribos, and some Drumstick squashies. I sneakily eat like seven Haribos but no one notices.

Finally, we arrive. Just on time too. Am I excited? OF COURSE! A night to just me and Shiro with no bakas getting in our way. We are close to the front and honestly it's freezing. It was supposed to be fairly warm. I think he can see me shivering.

He's lucky; he's sensible. HE BROUGHT A COAT AND SCARF. "Hey! Did you know it was gonna be this cold?" I ask (more like shout to) him. "Yeah," he whispers. Then why didn't he tell me? "Tell me next time, I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my friend to freeze to death!" I shout, to get over the noise if the crowds and because I'm angry.

He sighs and takes off his coat. "What are you-" he puts the coat over my shoulder. I can't, I won't fight it. We are away from stupid bakas that usually pick on us, anything could happen now that we are alone. Now though, I need to focus on the band I spent months trying to save up enough money for me and a friend to see.

Songs I recognise and songs I don't, play. The most memorable being Victorious, where I get a handful of confetti from when Brendon Urie throws it off the stage and This is Gospel, where I get Shiro to sing along. He said I have a good voice but you should hear him.

The hours spent singing along a long quickly. I feel like I could fall asleep right now. When the concert ends I buy us both P!ATD shirts with some spare money. We must use the train to get home but I guess it means we don't need to walk much.

We arrive at the train station with a few minutes to spare. There are a few drunk people here but they shouldn't bother us. "We are getting off at Kyoto right?" I ask when we get on the train. Shiro laughs and replies, "I think you mean Osaka." "Yeah, whatever." We sit down on an empty seat and I honestly feel like I'm gonna pass out. I yawn so loudly that stranger look at me like I am someone who hasn't slept in days.

I rest my head on Shiro's shoulder and he places his arm over my shoulders. "If you tell anyone about this I'll ki... yo..." I murmur as I fall asleep.

"Kasumi Chan," Shiro says.
"Shi...ro... Kun?"
"Come on, we are close to home. Now get up, we're getting off at the next stop," he says, helping me up. We get off the train and leave the station.

"I'm gonna call up a taxi," Shiro says. "What? No Shiro we can walk, I don't want you to waste your money!" I reply.
"No, you are exhausted, I can't let you walk for too long," he argues, sitting me on a bench. He calls up the taxi and I can't stop gawking at him.

The taxi arrives and we get in, Shiro decides that we will get the taxi to my house and he walks the rest of the way, despite my efforts to change his mind. We get out, Shiro pays and the taxi drives away.

"So... Shir...o Kun. Did you... have fun?" I ask, yawning. "Of course, but you need to get some rest," he replies. I hug him and I hear him whisper something, "It's worth a shot." I look up and he kisses me. AAAHHH! "This stays between us," I say, walking away. He nods and we depart.