Chapter 2: I don't need a senpai

He can't be my senpai, he can't be, I-I don't even need a senpai. The bell rings. I should head to class. I wipe away the tears and head to class. Fortunately, I'm not in the same class as Shiro or Lance. But there is Karina, she is nice enough but she can turn on you quite easily.

"Ohayō (あはよ: Good day/Hello) class, welcome back," Sensei Aika says cheerfully. She is probably the most perky sensei of them all. I reach for my bag from my back but it isn't there. Where did it go, I don't remember it coming of- wait. Shiro tried to pull me back, he has my bag.

Footsteps can be heard in the corridor as well a someone panting for breath. "Kasumi Chan, huff, your bag, huff I have it," he says holding the bag in front of him. "Oh my god Kasumi Chan! Is this your senpai?" Karina asks. I snatch the bag from his hand and reply, "I don't even need a senpai, alright." They all laugh and Haruhi says, "Sure, we totally believe you." Sensei ushers Shiro away and says, "Class be quiet or you can't, um, just be quiet."

I sit down and put my pencil case on the table. Then Ruri sits next to me. "Hey. Um, Kasumi, you alright?" She asks. "What do you think?" I reply, unenthusiastically. "Sorry, it's just that I saw you run off crying earlier on," she continues.
"Class! Today we are working in pairs of your choice to perform any piece of music!" Sensei shouts deafeningly. I look round and see people eyeing each other. "Hey tsundere..." "...I'd rather you not call me that."
"Well, anyway. Kasumi, wanna be partners?"
"Can you sing or play an instrument?"
"Kinda."
"Alright then," I say.

We look on each other's phones to see what music suits us both. Twenty one pilots seems to be the best option. But which song? "How about, house of gold?" I suggest. Instantly, Riru's face beams with joy. Finally, someone I can relate to. We get singing and finally my mind is off aShiro. It comes to performing time and I can see basically everyone shaking with fear.

I offer to go first and I drag Ruri to the front. We sing and suddenly, in my head, I hear Shiro's voice saying, "You have a nice voice." Ugh, what's wrong with me? I finally think I've got over it but, of course not. We sit down and I feel weird, as if my current crush is haunting me, at the worst time. I've told myself that I don't need a senpai, and that I'm not a tsundere but that isn't enough. I guess I'm gonna have to either commit to those statements or just stay as my normal self. Class ends and I search for Shiro.

"Kasumi," he says running towards me. "Are you alright now?" He asks. I would prefer it if he didn't mention me, y'know, running into the bathroom crying. "Uh yeah. And thanks for returning my bag, I guess," I reply quietly. He puts his arm round my shoulders and I fall into this weird trance like state for like 10 seconds.

"Hey Kasumi Chan, you ok, usually you would have slapped me by now. But what do I know, we haven't even known each other for more than a day," Shiro says. He totally notices me gawking at him. "Yeah, I-I'm ok, just tired," I reply, not long later I slap him on the cheek and step away from him. "That's what I was expecting," he laughs. "Well I have said before that I don't even need a senpai and you keep acting like you want to be mine," I reply.