Chapter 7: "Spooky" stories

The week goes by quickly, and it is soon Friday lunchtime. "Um, Shiro," I say. "What is it?" Oh god am I actually doing this, "Would you like to go a Panic! At the disco concert with me?" "Yes! But why ask me?" He asks. "Well, Ruri was going to come, but she can't. You are only getting it because everyone else is busy," I reply.

"What time?" He asks, just as the bell rings. We start walking and I have to take a moment to remember the time, "Starts at seven, so you could come round my place at six and my mum drives us, but we will have to walk home." "Sure that works, see you after school," he says as I walk upstairs.

"A date, with Shiro, this must be a dream," I whisper, pinching myself. Nope, not dreaming. Awesome. "What was that? A date?" Huni asks. "W-what no, I'm just going to a concert with a friend," I reply, pushing my sister away. "What would mum say if she knew you had a boyfriend?" She continues. "Ugh, we're not even thinking about going out, we just had an argument," I say, trying to hide the fact I like him.

I push out of the way and head to class, I hear her teasing me but I just ignore it. Class is... something. I share drama with Lance and Sensei puts us in groups. And guess who I'm with, that's right, Lance. HELP. I'm also with Haruhi, Daichi and Riri. At least Lance is lazy and will probably do nothing. We have to create a horror scene based on a Japanese urban legend of our choice. We choose "Hanako-San of the toilet."

Basically the story is if you choose the third stall, knock on the door three times and ask "Are you here Hanako-San?" you can get the reply "Yes, I'm here!" If this happens the door opens and a girl who is supposed to have short black hair will appear and you will be pulled into the toilet and killed. You can walk away after she replies but we are doing the scary version.

"Who will be Hanako?" I ask as we look for costumes. "You should, I mean you are like the only one that isn't afraid of this," Riri says handing me a black wig, red skirt and black top. "We'll do the make up the day we perform it but there is no point now, we might need you to play multiple characters." Oh yeah, we're combing it with some other legends and... Pokemon creepypastas. The legend we are adding in is cow head (but the story told is going to be about Hanako-San) and the Pokemon one is lavender town syndrome.

Our story is a girl/boy who goes on a school trip and the teacher tells a story about a girl called Hanako-San. As he tells more of the story a weird song like noise appears and puts most of the people on the coach to sleep. When they wake up only the protagonist remembers the story and tries it out them self.

The cast is me as a random student and Hanako, Riri as the one who dies, Daichi as the teacher and Lance is another student and does the sound effects.

But today we are just writing the script, casting and planning costumes. Boring I know but this is gonna be an amazing play. As long as Lance doesn't ruin it.

"Class is nearing an end everyone, so pack your stuff and get out of my room," Sensei Kyoya says. We leave and I bump into Shiro. We get on the bus and Shiro and I depart. Only a few more hours until our first "date."