SIX

Aspen grinned at Bucky and gave a small curtsy.

"Winter," she said walking towards the blue vehicle, "It's great to see you."

The man in the front seat of the car stared at her in confusion, so she figured she would probably introduce herself. 

"I'm Aspen Blue," she said smiling at the man before turning and gesturing between Steve and Sharon, "you two can finish what you were doing, I'll wait."

The two glanced at each other before backing away and continuing to sure at the mysterious teen in front of them.

"What are you doing here, Penny?" Bucky asked her, coming around towards her.

The nickname Penny made her smile. When Stanley Blue didn't want to refer to his daughter as Hemlock, he would call her Penny, and soon enough Bucky picked up the habit himself. The Winter Soldier was one of the only people in the Hydra base that knew the girls name was Aspen, and she only found out that his was Bucky when he came back to rescue her. He explained that his old friend Steve had helped him realize what his name was and that he was slowly making progress towards healing his tormented mind. Aspen wanted nothing but happiness for the man, and it pained her to know that he is once again being chased by the government. She had seen the news saying that the Winter Soldier was responsible for a bombing in Vienna, but she never believed it. She knew that Bucky didn't do that anymore, and she wanted to help him get to safety.  

"I'm here to help you escape the wrath of Tony Stark and the world," she said smiling brightly and doing jazz hands for effect.

Bucky looked at her with a blank expression for a few seconds, causing her to slowly lower her hands and stand still. 

"No." He said turning around and walking back towards the vehicle. 

"Um, yes!" Aspen said, following the man at a brisk pace. "Bucky you and I both know that I owe you that much. I can never fully repay you for what you did for me, but if I can help you now it will be a little better." 

"Can someone explain to me what is going on here?" The man that was previously in the car asked.

Aspen recognized him as Sam Wilson after seeing his entire face. She found his file to be interesting because of his military background and entirely amazing winged combat gear--you could even say she was a fan of the hero. 

"I'm Aspen Blue, I'm here to help Bucky." She said leaning against the wall.

"How do you know him?" Steve questioned, confused as to how his best friend knew this teenager.

"We were next door neighbors back in our Hydra cells," she paused and looked up at the sky, "Ah the good old days." 

"How did you find us here?" Sharon questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

Aspen pursed her lips at the woman's distrusting glare and gave a sarcastic smile, "Well, you lead me here, sweetheart. I tracked your phone."

"How did you-"

"That's not important," Aspen cut the woman off with a wave of her hand, "What's important is that I know that Stark is after you, and I know y'all are about to fight. I'm here to fight with you." 

Aspen could feel all of their eyes scanning over her and she put her hands on her hips, "Look I may be young, but I was injected with a serum that gave me abilities similar to yours, Captain. I am doing this and no one is going to stop me." She looked at Bucky at the end of her sentence, giving him a pointed glare. 

"I owe Bucky a debt, and I'm here to pay up. I hope you all can respect that. Plus I really want to punch Tony Stark in the face right now."