SIXTEEN

Aspen Blue and Tony Stark opened the first file regarding Stanley and Marie Blue three days ago. 

Those three days consisted of Tony scanning each photo and the form for any way to find a location, and Aspen keeping herself busy. The man insisted on going through every photo and having Friday scan them before moving on to the next file, and Aspen decided it was best not to argue with him. 

Tony didn't allow her to look at the pictures the whole time, so her job was to simply sit there and entertain herself. It's very safe to say that Aspen Blue was incredibly bored. 

Peter had to return to school the day after his talk with Tony, but that didn't stop him from coming to the tower after school everyday for an "internship," as she told Aunt May and his friends. Really, he was there to see Aspen and help Tony in any way that he could. Right now his help wasn't really needed though, for the computer was doing most of the work. 

After Aspen had passed out, Peter convinced Tony to let her say with him in the tower--at least until they found her parents. The girl, of course, tried to decline the offer, but then Peter revealed to his mentor that Aspen would be paying for her motel room illegally, so Tony Stark then forced her to stay. 

Aspen didn't really mind, though. This way she was closer to the research that was going on and more protected. She and Tony both knew that searching through these files could lead Hydra right to them, so in the end it really was better for her to stay in the tower. 

She got her own room in it, which was nice. Tony even said she could decorate it however she liked, but she opted not to. She didn't think she would be there very long and didn't want to get attached to the living space. 

"Hello, Aspen!" Peter called, walking into her room with his hands behind his back and a giddy smile on his face.

"Oh thank god, I was bored out of my mind." She said, powering off the phone that Tony gave her. (He really only bought her the device because she threatened to steal one if she didn't, but no one needs to know that.)

"I have something for you." Peter said, nearly bouncing up and down with excitement. 

"What is it.." She said uneasily, afraid of what the boy might be holding.

"Ta da!" He exclaimed loudly, holding out an object in front of him.

She stared at it with an unamused face then pursed her lips, looking up at the boy.

"It's a succulent!" He said, still smiling like an idiot.

"I know what it is, dude."

Peter rolled his eyes and set it down on her bedside table. "I know you said that you didn't want decorations in your room, but it's just so bland in here I had to do something." 

Aspen looked at the plant and allowed a small smile to grow on her face. "It is kind of cute.."

"See! I knew you'd like it." Peter said, poking her on the face. "What are you gonna name it?"

"Name it?" Aspen questioned, raising both of her eyebrows. 

"Yeah," he said like it was obvious, "you gotta name it or else it will feel neglected and die." 

She sighed and rolled her eyes at the dramatic boy. "Fine, it's name is plant." 

Peter groaned and bely flopped onto her white bed. "You're no fun!"

"And you are an oversized child." 

"I'm naming it then." He said, shooting up and crossing his arms.