TWENTY THREE

Aspen Blue woke up the morning after her birthday with a smile on her face. The night before was so relaxing and fun, and she honestly wished she could relive it over and over again. 

But, of course, she couldn't, so she had to be pulled back into the real, depressing world that she lived in.

"So you haven't found any more information from my mom's computer?" Aspen asked Tony Stark as he worked on god knows what. 

"No, I haven't. None of the reports have explicitly stated what exactly they did to you." The man was growing tired of the girl. She had been asking him question after question the past few minuets, and it was starting to get on his nerves. 

Suddenly, Aspen got an idea. She shot up in her seat and looked directly at Tony with an excited expression. "The files! I totally forgot about the files! How about we go and read the second file that Friday found?" 

The man's shoulders tensed slightly and he looked up from his papers. He didn't want the girl to think anything was up, so he tried to act casual and continued working. 

"Uh, how about we check those later. I can read through the computer some more and make sure that I didn't miss anything."

Aspen narrowed her eyes at the man in suspicion. "Why? You've already looked through them like a thousand times, hell, you could probably recite them if you wanted to. Let's just open the next file and see what's in it." 

"No, Aspen, alright? I'm busy right now, we can do it later."

The girl hesitated before resting her elbows on the man's desk. "Is this because you are afraid of how I will react?"

Tony remain silent and chose to allow the girl to think that. 

"I'm not a kid, Tony. I know I reacted badly last time, but I can handle it, I promise." She tried to persuade the man.

Tony took a deep breath then nodded, "I know you can."

"Then let's open it!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.

"Not right now."

The girl paused and stared at the brilliant man in front of her. It wasn't hard for her to realize that something else was going on; she knew that if Tony didn't know something he would be hopping right on the opportunity to open the second file.

"You've already opened it haven't you." She mumbled more like a statement than a question.

The man let out a sigh and rubbed his eyes. "No, Aspen, I haven't opened it. Why would I open it without you?" 

The girl just nodded her head slightly and put on a small smile. "I don't know. Sorry I accused you of that." She stood up from her chair and moved towards the exit. "I'm going to go call Peter." 

She turned and left, making her way to her room. 

"Friday, lock the door." She commanded once she walked through the doors. 

She heard it lock behind her and sat down on the bed. The young Blue grabbed her laptop and pulled the flash drive out from her bag before plugging it directly into the vice and waiting for it to load. 

She grabbed her necklace and played with it while she waited. Aspen typed in everything she needed and watched as the three files popped up one after another. 

With no second thought she clicked on the second file and opened it. 

Her eyes scanned over the fully loaded image and she could feel her heart start racing.