THIRTY NINE

The next day, Aspen Blue woke up to find Tony Stark taking her and Peter's picture. She yelled at him, naturally, but the man defended himself by saying that "it was just too precious and he couldn't resist." 

After that, the trio had eaten the (nasty) food they had on the plane and tried to make a plan for the day. There were several arguments, but they eventually decided that Aspen and Tony would go inside the prison while Peter stayed behind to monitor the cameras. 

Much to Aspen's dislike, she was forced to wear another ear piece so that Peter could alert the two if he saw anything on the cameras. She decided it would be best if she put it in her left ear this time in hopes that if it malfunctioned again she wouldn't damage the same ear. 

"Be careful." Peter said, squeezing Aspen's hands before her and Tony left the Quinjet. 

Their walk was quiet for a minute before Tony started smirking lightly and glancing at the girl.

"So, you and Peter.."

"Shut up." Aspen quickly cut him off. 

She didn't want to get distracted by anything while going inside the prison, and she knew that Peter could distract her very easily. 

"Got it." Tony said, turning away but still smirking. 

Once they got to the front entrance, Tony put the helmet section of his suit on and prepared to walk through the door. Aspen took a deep breath and put on a serious expression, readying herself for anything. 

"Ready?" Tony asked, his voice coming through the speaker of his Iron Man armor.

"Let's do it." Aspen said firmly and the two walked into the decaying building. 

"Hey, can you guys hear me?" Peter's voice came through her ear piece and the girl let out a relieved breath when it didn't cause her any pain. 

Both Aspen and Tony confirmed that they could and began walking through the halls, looking for anything that would indicate a Hydra base. 

"Alright, I can see you in the cameras." Peter said then hesitated. "Be careful." He quickly said once again, his nerves growing. 

Aspen's eyes moved across every floor board and ceiling corner, but she wasn't finding anything. The prison was huge and somewhat confusing, so there could be an entrance to a base literally anywhere. 

"I don't know how a Hydra base could even survive in this place, it looks like if you barely bang on the walls it'll collapse on top of you." Aspen voiced her thoughts.

Just as Tony was about to respond, Peter's voice came through the speaker once more. "Uh, guys. Camera six on Aspen's wing just went out."

"What do you mean went out?" Tony asked cautiously.

"I mean like the screen is black. It's like the camera is broken or something."

Aspen and Tony shared a look before breaking out into a run in the direction of the left side of the prison. 

Peter watched the screen as they made their way across with anxious bubbles in his stomach. He had no idea what happened to the camera, but he was worried for his friends' safety. 

Eventually, Aspen and Tony reached the left wing and the girl lead them in the direction of camera six. They moved carefully, knowing that someone or something could be there waiting for them when they arrived. 

"Camera six is the one that I had to guess where to put." Aspen whispered to Tony as they approached the area. 

Slowly, the girl ducked down and peered around the wall, looking for any sign of danger on the other side. Her eyebrows pulled together in confusion when she saw nothing, so her and Iron Man stepped out and moved towards the device.