FOUR

When Aspen got back to her temporary home from the Avengers Tower, she let out a victory squeal and belly flopped onto her bed.

She laid there smiling like an idiot for a few minuets before finally calming down and grabbing her computer. She pulled the warm flash drive out of her blue sneaker and plugged it in as fast as she could, excited to finally get the answers she wanted.

She waited as the all of Stark's information loaded onto her computer and the grin never left her face.

She scrolled down through the topics trying to find the correct one, her eyes reading every word like it was the last thing she would ever do. Her scrolling stopped when she saw the file "Avengers Initiative."

She would have to go back and read about all of the Avengers later.

Aspen sucked in a sharp breath when she saw the file she was searching for, and she hovered the mouse over it. She closed her eyes, exhaled, and clicked. Her brown eyes peeled open and scanned the screen for anything that would help her.

The Hydra file was one of the largest in the system, she soon learned, and it took her a while to find a way to search through it all efficiently, but once she did, she slowly typed "Marie and Stanley Blue" into the bar and waited. She knew that if she searched her name, there would be no results because at Hydra they never called her Aspen, just simply her code name: Hemlock. Her parents had persuaded them to put in all of her records under that name so that no one would find anything about their precious daughter being part of Hydra.

Aspen gave her undivided attention to the computer screen and bit her nail nervously; however, she was interrupted by a loud knock on the door that caused her to jump in fear. She quickly closed the computer program and ejected the flash drive, placing the laptop under the bed.

The knocking continued but louder, so she got up and tucked the flash drive in the safest place she could think of in her bare-footed state: her bra.

She held her right hand up, ready to attack, and opened the peephole-less door slowly.

"Hello, Ms. Blue." Tony Stark said smiling causing her to glare at him.

"Mr. Stark." She said, not lowering her guard. If he was here, then he must have found her program, there was no other explanation she could think of.

"Relax sweetie, I'm not here to hurt you. I just want to talk," he stepped cautiously into the room and looked around. "Really nice place you've got here, I especially love mysterious stain number three over there on the wall." He said sarcastically making Aspen roll her eyes.

"Alright I'm gonna get straight to the point here. You're name isn't Aspen Blue. I looked that up and there's no such person, so what is your name? Is it Lily? You kind of look like a Lily. Or how about Jessica, that's a fun name."

Before Tony could continue rambling, Aspen cut him off. "How did you find me here? Did you track me?"

"I got your phone number from your good friend Peter and tracked it that way, but that's not important. What's important is that you are lying to both him and me and I need to know who you really are."

"My name really is Aspen Blue, Mr. Stark. I have no idea what you're talking about." She said looking him dead in the eye.

That was probably the first time she didn't lie to Tony Stark.

In all honestly she was just glad that he wasn't there because he found her program, for that meant should could continue her research as soon as he left her alone.

Tony eyed her for a minuet before shaking his head, "Yeah, I'm not buying it. Come on."

"What? I'm not going anywhere with you-" Aspen started only to get cut off by Tony placing a small device on her temple, effectively knocking her out.