Chapter Twenty

••• Riley Mathews •••

"I want you to wear this-"

"Is this a remake of American Horror Story? No Marcus I am not wearing that god awful wedding dress." I snapped scowling down at the wall in front of me. Marcus huffed from the wardrobe shoving the dress back inside and shutting the door behind him.

I was sat on his large bed in his room of the creepy vampire lair he had in the forest. Since Marcus was stronger then me it meant any chance of escaping useless. I was still in the bridesmaid dress that was covered in dried blood, and my body actually felt a little tired from all the fighting, and from trying to run away from Marcus which was of course useless.

"I guess you're right, there's not much point since you'll be out of it in a few minutes." Marcus smirked. I raised my eyebrows and suddenly he was in front of me, his body hovering over mine. I cursed loudly trying to shove him off but he held my wrists in his hands.

"Oh please don't act like you don't want it. It's not like you have a mate or anyone really to come save you," Marcus smirked and I swallowed trying to blink back the tears in my eyes.

"Back to square one again."

I gulped nervously when his lips started leaving a trail of kisses up and down my neck. I pictured Adam's face in my mind. Sure he might not want me, but thinking of him is the only way I can get through this. It was the only way I survived the last time.

My eyes noticed the supply of stakes he kept above his bed probably for protection and an idea came to mind. I'm not one for self pity despite what everyone might actually think but this idea seemed more and more appealing the more I thought about it.

Adam didn't want me. I had no place in his pack or anyone's now come to think of it. And if I kept on going Marcus was only just going to... I shook my head, like hell was I going to let my first time be with him and against my will. I finished what I set out to do. My old pack paid for what they did, their victims had justice, it was over.

"Marcus can I go on top." I asked through gritted teeth. Marcus paused looking down at me before a wide smile broke out onto his face. He chuckled before flipping us over so I was straddling him. He laid his hands lazily above his head and I bent down leaving small kisses behind his ear. He moaned quietly and I gagged, not long now I told myself.

My wolf was whimpering inside knowing what I was planning, as much as she was against it she knew it would be better then being with Marcus for the rest of eternity. I didn't want this for her and I felt awful, she didn't deserve to be stuck with me.

My hand reached up slowly and I smiled against Marcus' neck when my fingers curled around the stake. Using my speed I pressed it against his chest. He tried to sit up but noticed the stake against his chest and froze up. Marcus raised his gaze to me and I could see the clear rage in his eyes. There was no going back now I had to go through with it.

"I suggest you rethink this silly idea of yours." Marcus spoke in a low voice and I gulped as my lips parted in fear. I couldn't live like this with him, I would not be his little pet.

"I have, and anything's better then being with you." I replied surprising myself at how strong my voice sounded. Marcus glared icily at me and I smirked as my hands curled around the stake. Just count to three I told myself calmly. My wolf whimpered as I started counting.

One...

"I could give you a life most girls would wish for, money, sex, love?"

Two...