Chapter Nine

••• Adam Carter •••

"Go home Natalie" Riley snapped walking past us back into the house. I swallowed looking at Matty, he scratched the back of his head thinking the same thing as I was. She looked so hot chucking Nat on the ground like that. I'm a bad fiancé.

"Well if you're not gonner have her" Matty grinned walking back in the house. I growled grabbing his shoulder, my eyes darkened and I felt my wolf stir in anger.
"She's off limits"
"Adam mate I was just"
"Nobody touches her"

I stalked back inside the house after her, I don't know what I was getting so upset about. I mean she has a mate, so that must mean I'm not her mate, but why do I feel this way about her. Maybe it's because she's a hybrid I don't know. What I do know is, is that if I was her mate I wouldn't of been stupid enough to fall in love with someone else.

You don't know it was that simple... My wolf spoke and I shook my head.
Who's side are you on?
I'm just saying that it might not have been that simple...
What do you think of Riley?

She's ours...
She has a mate... And what about Nat?
Forget Natalie, I want her...
But Riley has a mate...
SHE BELONGS TO US...

"Trouble with your wolf?" Dad asked walking over to me, I sat on the stairs and watched silently as he sat down next to me.
"He wants her, so badly" I sighed, Dad ran a hand through his hair thinking.
"You know none of us have ever liked her, but if your wolf truly wants Natalie then-"
"It's not Natalie he wants! It's Riley!" I whispered loudly, Dad looked at me shocked. Placing my head in my hands I sighed, my life usually was so simple. Never in my life had I felt so lost.

"Why Riley? Is she your mate?" Dad asked and I just shrugged.
"I don't know, I smelt my mates scent two years ago at a party like I said. I've never smelt it since, not even with Natalie" I said, he nodded looking at me.
"And you don't know if Riley's your mate because she doesn't have a scent" Dad confused understandingly and I nodded.
"Do you feel the sparks with her?" He asked quietly. I shook my head.
"No, but her skin is so freezing cold I didn't think I could. It's like touching ice" I admitted, Dad sighed.

"I think you should listen to your wolf" He said quietly, I glared at him standing up.
"No, I love Natalie and these feelings I have for Riley will go away. They aren't even proper feelings, it's my wolf talking. I don't want her, he does" I snapped, Dad froze and opened his mouth to speak.
"Adam-"
"No listen, I don't know Riley. She's not the girl I'm marrying. I feel nothing for her"

"Adam stop-"
"No, okay just stop. Natalie is my fiancé, my wolf will realise that she's the one I love not Riley. She's just a stranger. Riley means nothing to me"
"Adam" Dad said darkly and I stopped at the tone of his voice. He looked behind me and I turned. Riley stood there at the door with my family. They looked at me shocked and somewhat disappointed. Riley just held a mask of stone on her face.

"Well it seems like we have a mutual agreement" She said sounding bored, I frowned confused.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, that I have a mate. So if you were interested, what makes you I would even consider doing anything with you"
"Riley I didn't-"
"Yes, fair enough he loves someone else but that just proves my point even more. I'd constantly be thinking about him"
"Just listen-"

"I mean yeah I don't know him, but being held captive in a well by some psycho-ass vampire that just so happens to be madly in love with you kinda complicates things Adam!"
"Wait, what?-"
"And then of course said psycho vampire vows to hunt you down until your back inside the well in his basement rotting away with barely a mouthful to survive on a day, it really does prevent you from getting to know the person you're supposed to spend eternity with"

"Riley-"
"No Adam, I am here for one thing only. I'll organise your damn wedding but keep your god damn feelings to yourself.  Like I don't have enough to think about other then you, the wedding, my ex kidnapper and my bloody alpha!" She shouted the last part slamming the front door behind her.

My family stood looking shocked at what happened, my jaw was practically on the floor at this point. I can't believe she said all that. She was kidnapped? By a vampire? A vampire?! My blood boiled in anger at the thought of her being so close to danger.

I can't believe you said that in front of her... My wolf hissed in anger and I winced.
But did you hear what she said?
Yes, but I still can't believe you said that, you do care about her...
No I don't, it's all you...

"Adam-" Matty started but I shook my head.
"Don't, I don't care if she got kidnapped by Count friggen Dracula right now okay? I'm getting married" I snapped storming up to my room slamming the door behind me.

I can't think of Riley, Natalie comes first. This thing I have for Riley is just my wolf, it has to be. She's not my mate, I'm not in love with her. Maybe it was a bad idea having her help in the wedding, but then again it's only two months right? Just two months then I'll be happily married with Natalie. Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote/fan/comment

_ayzie_