Chapter Three

••• Riley Mathews •••

When I woke up all I could see was darkness. No light, no air, no life. Just darkness. Whimpering in pain I sat up slightly, my neck felt as if it had been set alight and my head pounded my skull painfully. Where am I? Shifting in place I winced when my back it a brick wall, stretching my legs I frowned when the balls of my feet hit another wall. Sitting up on my knees I felt the wall around me before frowning, what the hell? Where am I? It feel's like I'm in a really tiny closet, or a well. My feet scraped painfully against the gravelly floor and I stood up leaning against the wall for support on shaky legs. I need to get out of here.

"Help" I croaked and winced at the sound of my voice, it sounded like it hadn't been used in years how long was I knocked out? I tried pounding on the wall but nothing happened.

"Help" I cried again, I looked up and at the top I could see long bars at the top with a dull light pouring through. The light wasn't strong enough to fill the well or whatever I'm in however.

"Oh my darling you're awake" A voice called out and I whimpered scared.

"Where am I? I want to go home" I sobbed and the voice shushed me trying to calm me down. His voice was deep and smooth yet also terrifying.

"Riley my darling I can't let you go, you see I'm some what infatuated with you and I'm going to keep you here for eternity" He said calmly, I screamed scratching against the stone walls in protest.

"No let me out!"

"I'll let you out once you've turned" The voice spoke and I froze what did he mean once I've turned?

"What are you talking about?" I croaked again and the voice laughed softly.

"I mean my sweet Riley that for you to stay with me for an eternity you need to become one of us, a vampire" I screamed at that. No way was I becoming a vampire, no way in hell. The pack will come, they will save me and then I can be with my mate. He sensed me there, maybe he can track me, he can save me.

"My mate will come" I growled and again the voice chuckled.

"I should look forward to it but for now, you will turn into a vampire"

"How will that work I'm a werewolf" I hissed and he sighed.

"I know that, but this shall be a little experiment. I fed you my blood and then I killed you" He stated as if it was obvious. I frowned, when is he kill me?

"You haven't killed me" I told him.

"The place that you're in now is a well, at least 300ft down, don't ask why we have it in our basement something to do with an old family legend I don't know. Anyway once I fed you my blood I pushed you down here and you died, obviously you don't remember any of it" The voice said as if talking to himself.

"That hunger you're feeling now is for blood, you need it to complete the transition. Luckily for you I have left you a blood bag for you to fee off. Now I know that of I let you out of here you will only try to escape so I thought I might tame you first. A hundred years alone in here should do just fine" He spoke and I began to sob again. No my mate, what about him.

"No please just let me go" I sobbed, there was silence before the voice spoke again.

"By the way my dear, my name is Marcus Chrisanti" The light at the top vanished and so did the voice, I screamed and cried for hours on end. When I stopped I could taste blood in the back of my throat from screaming. Blood. I wanted it. No, needed it.

Feeling around in the darkness my hand picked up the packet of blood, I couldn't resist any longer. I bit into the packet savouring the feeling of the warm liquid trickling down my throat. The metal taste lingered in my mouth and I hungered for more. I sucked at the bag until there was nothing left, tossing it aside I whimpered as more pain ran through my body.

My teeth ached like hell and blood frothed at my mouth. My canines started to move of their own and before they could cause anymore pain I ripped them out. I screamed and clutched at my mouth, something sharp started to replace where my original teeth were and I sobbed wanting it to stop.

After what seemed like forever the pain in my mouth started to subdue and I gingerly felt the new canines I have. They were sharp, like jaws sharp and were long as well. They flicked back up into my gums and I gasped scared, it didn't hurt but it gave me a fright. Feeling around again I raised my eyebrows in surprise, they just felt like normal teeth.

I tried searching for my wolf, I hadn't herd her since I woke up, it wasn't like her to leave me on my own especially in a situation like this. A deep growl came from inside my head and I knew it was her. I breathed a sigh of relief that I wasn't alone, at least I had some company.

I am not your friend... My wolf hissed at me, I blinked shocked.

What are you doing? It's me, Riley... I told her and the growl became louder.

You're a vampire now, or at least part of one. I don't want anything to do with you. I hate vampires... She shouted in my head and I sobbed scared, I couldn't lose her not my wolf.

Please don't leave me... I begged her but it was too late, she was gone.

My own wolf left me, my pack were no where to be seen and my mate didn't even know that I exist. Sobbing I curled up into a ball wishing the pain to go away, both the physical from being turned and the emotional from the loss of my wolf. I suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion come over me and I knew the change wasn't over. Trying to keep my eyes open was near impossible and it wasn't long before I succumbed to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• 1 MONTH LATER •••

My eyes snapped open and I sat up slowly, how long was I asleep for I asked myself. Blinking, my eyes adjusted the the darkness. I was still in the well, the stones were ancient and it was obvious how far down I was. I stood up groaning as I stretched my arms and legs.

I felt stronger somehow, I felt more alive. Ignoring the tired feeling I had I grabbed at the smooth wall and sunk my fingers into the bricks. It felt like grabbing at butter, the bricks just crumbled like ash I my hands. Looking up at the top I could make out the bars and a dim light at the top. I don't care how long I've been here but I'm breaking out now.

I started to climb up higher and higher, I got about half way when my hand slipped and I fell right the way down to the bottom. Screaming on the way down I groaned loudly when I hit the bottom, I heard my back snap painfully and I gasped in agony. After twenty minutes or so the pain stopped and I felt my back snap back into place.

Relieved I sighed standing up and prepared to try again, I need to get out. I need to find my mate he can help me.

"I see you've woken up" The voice say and I froze staring up towards the top. The vampire was leaning directly onto of the bars. His hair was shaggy and dark, and his eyes were a bright terrifying red. He was gorgeous to say the least but then again all vampires are.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked and he shrugged calmly.

"About a month" I gasped, a month, a month? I've been asleep for a month! What was this, sleeping friggen beauty?!

"It was the change, when you first turn into a vampire you have three stages. One, you die with a vampire's blood in your system. Two, your fangs come out. And finally three, you sleep for a couple of weeks to a month so that your body can turn whilst you're knocked out. You become stronger and faster, you obtain the power to heal rapidly much quicker than a wolf. You then obtain other gifts like controlling gravity, you've heard the myths about vampires being able to fly right? Then of course you have the physical changes in your appearance. You become extraordinarily beautiful even though you were before hand" Marcus chuckled lightly.

"I must say my dear, you look divine"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so how did you like that? I know it was poorly written in some places but I'm going to try and edit it later. Hope you enjoyed it!

Please vote/fan/comment

_ayzie_