Chapter Ten

••• Riley Mathews •••

I told you, I fucking told you this would happen! I screamed at my wolf as I ran back to the pack house. There's no way I'm staying with his pack after what he just said, I couldn't if I wanted to. I had never experienced hurt like this before, I felt numb and sore to the chest at the same time. Stupid mate connection.

I'm sorry I thought it would be a good idea...
Well now we're bloody stuck organising a wedding whilst planning to take down the pack...
Do you think we could back out now?

No, apparently the alpha wants this and so does Adam...
Maybe you should stay with Adam's pack, you know, if you get to know him he might let something slip about Natalie...
You're right, but you cannot fall for him...
Deal...

"Riley wait, look I'm sorry I never meant-"
"It's fine I forgive you"
"What are you, bi-polar or just plain crazy?"
"Says the one marrying Natalie Burrows"
"Touche"
"I should think so"
"So are you just gonner stand there insulting my fiance or are you gonner come back inside?"

"You know that wasn't much of an apology"
"Well you interrupted me before I could finish"
"Sounds like that happens a lot!"
"Really? You're going to talk about my sex life"
"What's it like being engaged to a former prostitute?"

"I like her" Matty spoke as he walked towards us, I grinned using my speed I stood right in front of him, his face inches away from mine.
"You do?"
"Mh-mmm" I patted his cheek lightly.
"That's sweet"
"I can be more than sweet" He winked at me and I giggled leaning in towards him.
"That makes two of us" I whispered as Adam pushed in between us. I laughed skipping around him taking Matty's hand in mine.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Adam Carter •••

Matty turned his head winking at me as he walked hand in hand with Riley. I growled unintentionally.
Dude just admit you like her... I shook my head and he shrugged.
Fine, then I can take her out on a date? He asked, my eyes widened and I swallowed shaking my head.
Yep, that's fine...
Liar...
You're bluffing...

"Riley I think we should go on a date tonight"
"Sure, why don't we go pack my stuff up at my place and help me move it all. Then after all that we can go out?" She suggested, he groaned.
"Do I have to help?"
"If you wanna go on a date you do"
"So let's go now?!" She laughed at Matty's enthusiasm.

"I'll help you too" I said, they both stopped walking and turned to me. We were all surprised at what I just said. Riley narrowed her eyes at me disbelievingly me.
"Why? Why would you help? You pretty much hate me so why are you doing this? What's your angle?" She quizzed stepping forward. Matty folded his arms over his chest grinning at me waiting for my answer.
"My wolf's going crazy at the moment" I said with a tight smile. Both Matty and Riley raised their eyebrows at me and my jaw dropped at what I said outloud. This seems to be happening a lot recently.

"Why would your wolf be going crazy?" Riley asked taking another step forward. Matty folded his arms over his chest again wearing the same stupid grin. My mouth open and closed as I tried to think of something to say.
"Uh, well I... you see he...um..." I looked at Matty pleadingly.
Help me out here man...
Nope you're on your own here mate, I wanna see where this goes...
Bastard...Matty chuckled at my words and I growled annoyed.

"Let's just go and get your bloody stuff" I huffed stalking past them and towards the car. I heard Matty laughing away from behind me which just made me even more angry. Talk about slip of the tongue.