Chapter Sixteen

••• Adam Carter •••

The next week flew by and soon it was the day of mine and Nat's wedding. Nobody was really in the wedding mood, Matty especially. Riley had avoided seeing all of us for most of the week only being here when needed. It made me suspicious, what the hell is making her so busy all of a sudden.

"I just had to see you." I heard a murmur behind me, turning I smiled down at Natalie pulling her into my arms ignoring my wolf's growls in my head. She looked beautiful, her white dress was smoothed over her thin waist. She looked breathtaking and I felt guilty as hell for still having Riley on my mind.

"You look amazing." I said smiling down at her. Natalie grinned up at me, you could see the love for me clear in her eyes, I knew she would do anything for me. I know she isn't liked by, well, anyone but I love her... I love her I told myself but I knew it wasn't working. I knew it would be good for both our packs to have this alliance but I just can't help but feel I was doing it more for them then myself.

"Everyone's all here, all we have to do now is get married." She said with a grin, I nodded hating the fact I was gritting my teeth at her words. Natalie seemed oblivious to my off attitude leaning forward and capturing my lips in hers. I couldn't stop it and guilt flooded my veins when I flinched at the contact, again she didn't notice so I stood there whilst my wolf ripped away inside hating Natalie for touching us.

"I should go, I'll see you soon." Nat murmured giving me a light peck before walking out of the room shutting it behind me. As soon as I was sure she was gone I swore throwing the lamp sitting on the table smashing into the wall on the other side of the room. What the hell is wrong with me? A month ago I couldn't wait to marry Nat and spend the rest of my life with her. Now, now I'm just not sure. It doesn't feel right?

"You seem stressed." I heard my mum say making me turn to meet her gaze. I gave a small smile and she sat down next to me with my dad in tow. This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, so why does it feel like a big mistake?

"Out with it then." Mum spoke taking my hand in hers. I gave a faint smile as my mother continued to look expectantly at me. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a mamma's boy. I just can't say no to her, no wonder my dad is so in love with her.

"I'm f-"

"You're not fine Adam, I'm a mother I know these things. What's wrong?" She pressed cutting me off. I sighed removing my hand from hers running it through my hair.

"It's Riley, I can't stop thinking about her. I'm marrying a beautiful alpha's daughter but all I can think about is Riley. Does that make me a bad person?" I asked them nervously.

"Your instincts are nearly always right. You have an hour to test if your instincts are right." Dad replied with a faint smirk. I stared at him confused, what was he suggesting?

"What do you mean test?" I asked. Mum took my hand kissing my cheek.

"Do whatever you think is best. Whatever you decide we will be proud of you. No matter what. You have an hour before you marry Natalie. So hurry."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

••• Riley Mathews •••

"It's good to see you again." I rolled my eyes dramatically turning to face my maker. He stood behind the border of Adam's Pack's territory looking hot and inhumanely beautiful as usual. His dark hair swept his forehead and his large muscles bulged from his black leather jacket. If I hadn't of met my mate already I'd be drooling by now, but the fact of the matter is... My mate's hotter.