Chapter Eight

••• Riley Mathews •••

When Adam and Matty left the room, Colette and Hannah came over to me. They told me the basics of what they had planned so far; just things like it was being held at the pack, Natalie doesn't have a dress, and lastly that the wedding was on the 18th of May only two weeks away. It wasn't long but apparently everyone had already organised most of it so to be perfectly honest I really don know why I was here.

Adam's mum gave me some more magazines to look through, that's basically what the three if us were doing. Adam's Aunt Hannah put the TV on and we chatted whilst flicking through the pages.

I heard Adam and Matty through in the other room talking in hushed voices, it sounded like they were trying very hard not to be heard. I smirked, they really didn't know just how well my abilities worked?! I can hear through sound proof walls, it's a blessing and a curse especially when your the girl sleeping in a room next to a sex addicted wolf.

"Man you're screwed" I herd Matty say quietly, Adam replied almost immediately.
"I know, I can't even think straight. Seriously man, all I think about is her" He groaned quietly, my jaw dropped at his reply. Holy shit he's thinking about me-

"Are you okay?" Colette asked worriedly and I smiled at her closing my mouth.
"I'm fine, I just love weddings" I lied, Colette looked at me disbelieving but didn't ask again. I concentrated on the two and it was Matty talking again.
"What are going to do?" He asked and I heard Adam sigh.
"I don't know, I mean I'm getting married!" He whispered before Matty tried to shush him.

"Do you still love Natalie?" Matty asked seriously. It went silent or what seemed like an eternity before Adam answered him.
"A part of me's not sure, I'm so obsessed with Riley I'm not sure if it's just a phase or-"
"Or if she's your mate" Matty finished and my jaw dropped for the second time. Adam didn't answer him and I blinked trying to keep my composure, that was obviously not going to happen.

"I don't know how you can stand her" Adam's Mum, Colette said flicking over the page of her magazine. Hannah nodded in agreement.
"I don't trust her" Hannah spoke and I looked up confused, who were they talking about, Natalie?

"Who, Natalie?" I asked surprised and Colette nodded.
"Yeah, there's something about her that I just don't trust" She spoke and I raised my eyebrows.
"Not I mention she's a total bitch" Hannah piped up, Colette and I burst out laughing.
"You got that right" I snorted and Colette looked at me confused.

"I thought Adam said you were her best friend" She said and Hannah looked at me. I shrugged.
"We were a long time ago, actually we weren't even that. I thought we were friends but she just used me, she's certainly no friend of mine" I said and Colette cocked her head to the side thinking.

"Then why are you here organising her wedding?" Hannah asked, I paused before I answered.
"Because someone has to, and despite how much I don't like her it would be a shame that my alpha's daughter had a bad wedding. Hannah smiled and said how nice I was and I grinned, Colette just kept on looking at me.

The look she was giving me made me nervous, kind of like she was trying to figure out who I was. She seemed lovely but I was kind of worried that she might find out what I'm actually doing here, then my plan would be ruined.

"Col sweetheart, Dominika's on the phone for you" Alex said poking his head through the door and Colette smiled before walking out the room. Hannah watched as she left with a sad look on her face, as if she was recalling a bad memory.

"She's been through a lot Colette, and when Natalie found out she was the least bit sympathetic" Hannah said I furrowed my eyebrows confused. I didn't want to ask what Colette had been through, it wasn't my place.
"What do you mean she wasn't sympathetic?" I asked and Hannah looked at me before looking back at the door Colette had just walked through.