Chapter Thirteen

••• Riley Mathews •••

So much for not falling for Adam. Here I am, sitting in the hospital blood bank slurping up blood through a crazy straw I found in the cafe worried sick about the damn boy. I'd been here for three days now, my mind only on Adam Carter. Scowling I chucked the empty bag of blood at my feet fiddling with the straw, I need to go back.

Colette's words still rang clearly in my ears but I couldn't give up my mission for revenge, but at the same time I wanted Adam to be safe and with me. I need to get my priorities straight. First revenge, then my mate. I know it should be the other way round but I can't let the pack get away with what they've done. They need to pay.

I'll protect Adam as much as I can from Marcus and his Clan, but right now I need to get revenge. Sighing I stood up and looked down at my ring twisting it around my finger. The girl's screams came haunting back and I shook them away. Two years and I still feel guitly for killing the unknown girl, it was the hunger. When a vampire needs blood the hunger takes over, they can't control themselves all they can think about is the blood.

I opened the door quickly wiping my mouth trying to get any excess blood off of my skin. I walked quietly through the hospital and out of the front door keeping my head low. I ran full speed back towards my old pack house and I arrived a few minutes later.

I walked straight towards my alpha's office slamming the door open. He was on the phone and from what I could hear it sounded like Alex's voice. He hung up quickly glaring at me and I shut the door keeping a bored look on my face.

"You ate my daughter?!" He asked loudly, I sighed rolling my eyes as he stood up from his desk.
"No, quite frankly I have better taste then that" I snapped, he glared darkly at me.
"You seemed quite happy to drain her dry though!" He yelled, again I rolled my eyes. He's lucky I haven't killed her yet, it's too soon I want these bastards to suffer.

"She's alive, just be happy she wasn't kidnapped by a bunch of vampires, turned then stuck down a well for two years. Oh wait - that was me!" I yelled back, he scowled looking away.
"I don't want you anywhere near her, you are still to help with the wedding. Turns out that Matty actually misses you" He said sounding surprised, the dick did he have to be so rude all the damn time?!

"Fine, whatever. Where's Natalie now?" I asked him folding my arms over my chest.
"She's away visiting her aunt right now with Adam, they'll be back in a few days" He replied and I nodded at his words. A few more days away from Adam couldn't hurt right? Ignoring my wolf I clenched my jaw, she wanted him desperately. She wanted me to give up this vendetta and go to our mate but I can't do that. As much as I want to I can't.

"I'll go see them now" I muttered turning away back towards the door shutting it behind me. I felt a tiny bit nervous about seeing Matty again, I could've killed him and I bit Adam. I grimaced at the memory gripping at my head, I hated the thought of anybody hurting my mate and the fact that I caused him pain made it even worse.

I arrived at their pack house in a matter of minutes, the door was open and Colette was talking quietly to Alex. They looked up and smiled happily at me, I flashed them a smile but it faltered slightly. Why aren't they all mad at me?

Colette walked over as Alex stood watching from the doorway. She linked her arm in mine and pulled me forward towards the house. Adam's grandmother Marie appeared at the doorway next to Alex, he looked down at his mother and smirked slightly. I'd learnt everything was always fun with Marie around.

"Oh good Riley's here, darling I applaud you on biting Natalie" She said grinning, Alex snorted a laugh walking back inside the house. My cheeks heated ever so slightly and Colette gave Marie a pointed look but couldn't help smile herself.