Chapter 12

"Listen up!" Silvia yelled grouchily, glaring down at us.

The 15 of us all looked at each other questionably before looking back at her.

"We have a very big test coming up ladies. 5 of you will be eliminated. And depending on how you do, this will determine whether you get into the elite. So pay close attention."

There was mumbling and whispered across the group of girls before we all fixed our eyes on Silvia.

"We will be hosting some important guests very soon and there will be a ball held for each of them. You will be separated into groups of five and your group will plan a ball. You must plan the decorations, food, and entertainment. Also the dresses for the selected. But these are foreign guests so you must do you're research. It is very easy to offend them."

"The first group will be hosting the German Federation." She began listing five names off and the girls skipped off giggling the whole way. "The second group will be hosting Queen Amberley's family. These girls are; Anna, Tiny, Bariel, Ashley, and Tuesday. The last group will be hosting the Italians. We hope to make allies with them so there is quite a bit of pressure. We have selected; Elise, Marlee, Natalie, America, and Kriss."

We all huddled up and smiled at each other. These were some of my closest friends.

"Before you all go crazy!" Silvia yelled recapturing our attention. "The Germans will be arriving Tuesday, queen Amberley a family-Thursday, and the Italians-a week from yesterday. We will take care of all expenses. Get to work!"

"I'm part Italian," Natalie told us. "I know a lot about there heritage and I studied the royal family's in grade school." 

"Do you think we should maybe assign jobs?" Kriss asked.

Elise nodded in agreement. "Here's what I'm thinking. Natalie, you will do decorations because you're probably the most capable of not offending them. America, you can choose music since that's pretty much what you're good at. Kriss, you can choose the dresses for the selected and ourselves of course. Choose one style for the hosts-us. And a different style for the selected. And Marlee you'll do good on food and drinks, Coordinate with Natalie for the best results. And I'll do everything in between."

We all nodded in agreement satisfied with our own jobs.

"Let's get going," I said.

"Let's make something great," Marlee agreed.

~oOo~

Planning was going great. I had gone to Queen Amberley for some band and song ideas which she happily gave. I've coordinated with Natalie for the type of music they like to listen too and have found a great who speak Italian and English. We have meetings every day to check in with each other and make sure everything is on track.

"Okay everyone. Let's check up," Elise said, bringing the meeting to a start.

"The live orchestra is arriving tomorrow. I've heard a couple samples of there music and got a good recommendation from Queen Amberley so I think that'll work out," I explained.

"That's good," Elise nodded, scribbling something on her clipboard.

"I talked to the chefs," Marlee chirped excitedly. "They have sent out for the best wine money can afford. And I am going in tomorrow to try all the Italian dishes hors d'oeuvres they have prepared."

Elise nodded and scribbled some more.

"I have done all my research," Natalie said. "I have arranged for the flowers in the ballroom to be replaced with stylized lilies, there national flower. We will be draping some colored cloths on the wall, switching out the curtains, and shining different lights on the stained glass to shine some Italian colors."