Chapter 4

Maxons Pov

There was a knock at my door.

"It's open!" I called.

Auli and Austin entered my room. Auli leaned against the wall and Austin sat at my desk. "

The girls are here,"Auli smirked

"What are they like?" I asked.

"They just finished they're make over. The redhead. The one you like. She barely changed anything during her makeover, besides some layers in her hair. And she is still one of the prettiest ones prancing around our there," Auli explained.

"Really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. You'll get to meet her at dinner."

"You mean them. I'll get to meet them tomorrow," I corrected.

"Same thing," she laughed. Austin laughed too.

His expression turned serious though. "Is this a smart idea? honestly Maxon. If she is queen, you'd never, ever be able to truly love her. Because unless this girl has a lot of nerve, than the law is staying the same."

"Calm down Austin. It's just an infatuation. I'm supposed to be friends with all the competitors, she just Happens to be very pretty too," I assured her.

"As long as it's strictly friends, I will support the friendship," Austin nodded.

"Come on, Austin," Auli drawled. "I ship them. They would be such a cute couple. Maxerica! I love it!"

"But the law..." Austin started.

"Who cares about the law. She'll change it. We all saw the news. She has a fire no one else has," Auli argued.

"What if she doesn't become queen, Einstein," Austin brought up a fairly important point. "What are the chances."

"1 out of 35," I sighed sadly.

"Look what you've done!" Austin said. "This girl could be a complete jerk. Don't get his hopes up."

"A jerk? Did you see her with the people at the airport. Of course not, but I did. There's a small chance she may not be the right girl for Maxon, but she's not a jerk."

"Quit it you too," I quipped. "We shall see."

~oOo~

Me and My mom arrived at dinner a few minutes late. As a way to allow them to get used to the dining arrangements. The guards pulled open the large doors and bowed there heads.
All of the ladies stood up and curtsied, as is protocol.

That is when I saw her. America Singer. She was standing just two chairs down from mine, in some version of ABC order with first names. The only obstacle between us being a girl with dark brown hair died blonde at the end.

"No need for that," Mom smiled. "Please eat."

I walked over to my mothers seat and pulled it out. She smoothed down the back of her dress as she sat down. I pushed it in ad quietly sat down. There was a light buzz of conversation going around the room and none attempted to speak to me.

I looked at lady America. She was spearing a piece of steak with her fork. She popped it in her mouth and her eyes widened. She let out a small moan and shoveled another one in. That's right. She's a five. She is not used to such luxurious meal options.

"You enjoying your food, Lady America?" I teased.

She blushed at being caught. "Yes Prince Maxon. It is very good."